Search found 41 matches
- 09 Feb 2008, 22:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: taxes
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4458
Re: taxes
As I understood it when I researched it prior to receiving my citizenship, unless you reside in Italy, you don't have to pay taxes or file anything. The only tax you pay is for the Marca da Bollo for your passport. It's basically a tax stamp that's good for 1 year from the date of purchase. It's ...
- 04 Feb 2008, 13:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Anyone know if New York or New Jersey will accept petition?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9365
Re: Anyone know if New York or New Jersey will accept petiti
Thanks mler. your answer was more helpful than mine...
- 03 Feb 2008, 17:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Anyone know if New York or New Jersey will accept petition?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9365
Re: Anyone know if New York or New Jersey will accept petiti
^Actually, I forgot that I had a no-record letter from USCIS (which I would suggest that even Detroit applicants make sure they get), they took it with the rest of my documents, but they seemed satisfied with the the fact that my g-grandfather filed a Declaration of Intention in 1919 and again in ...
- 02 Feb 2008, 23:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Family living in different jurisdictions?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5751
Re: Family living in different jurisdictions?
I don't know that you have much of a choice because both LA and San Francisco have long backlogs. The only thing that you could do that I can think of (and I'm not claiming to be correct) is to try to time your appointments so that the person who is in the easiest consular district gets through the ...
- 02 Feb 2008, 23:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Anyone know if New York or New Jersey will accept petition?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9365
Re: Anyone know if New York or New Jersey will accept petiti
^Peggy: just to clarify: are you speaking for New York or New Jersey as he asked?
Depending upon the consulate, the paperwork in question can show that the citizenship process was started AFTER the birth of the next person in your citizenship chain. In this sort of case, it can be useful ...
Depending upon the consulate, the paperwork in question can show that the citizenship process was started AFTER the birth of the next person in your citizenship chain. In this sort of case, it can be useful ...
- 30 Jan 2008, 00:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: records just came!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7106
Re: records just came!
Luca722: I guess I'd have to say that I don't know for sure.
David: You probably ought to call the consulate and ask. It certainly won't hurt to put in a FOIA request to be safe or call DC and ask if you can send copies for certification. I've always found that only the times that I didn't cover ...
David: You probably ought to call the consulate and ask. It certainly won't hurt to put in a FOIA request to be safe or call DC and ask if you can send copies for certification. I've always found that only the times that I didn't cover ...
- 28 Jan 2008, 21:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: records just came!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7106
Re: records just came!
The court record is the actual certificate because that's where his ancestor naturalized. Every consulate is different, though.
- 28 Jan 2008, 21:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Waiting for or considering a FOIA request? Please consider
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10001
Re: Waiting for or considering a FOIA request? Please consi
Local county court records. It was not uncommon to file citizenship paperwork in the local county court, at least it was prior to 1930.peggymckee wrote:What are the alternative sources? All the best, Peg
- 28 Jan 2008, 21:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: italian/E.U ID?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3874
Re: italian/E.U ID?
I didn't need to provide any ID when getting my passport through the Detroit consulate. They already had all of my records. I was not issued an E.U. ID. I'm not sure what other consulates do.
- 15 Jan 2008, 02:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: N. Records - urgent help needed
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6689
Re: N. Records - urgent help needed
If they can provide a certified copy of his naturalization record, I would think that it would. If nothing else, it's worth a shot.
- 15 Jan 2008, 02:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Grandmother Venuti Search
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15357
Re: Grandmother Venuti Search
Joe: if you have a good local public library system, they may have a subscription to Ancestry.com. Give them a call and ask.
Ancestry.com also has an option where you can subscribe for just one month, or at least they used to...
Ancestry.com also has an option where you can subscribe for just one month, or at least they used to...
- 15 Jan 2008, 02:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: N. Records - urgent help needed
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6689
Re: N. Records - urgent help needed
Did he file his application through the local county court? If so, they may have a naturalization record.
- 13 Jan 2008, 21:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Lee's vs. DC
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4856
Re: Lee's vs. DC
Have all records requests been moved to Lee's Summit? A few years ago, you would send a letter to one floor at USCIS in DC for a copy of your ancestor's immigration file and a different floor for a "no record" letter. Is everything done through Lee's Summit now?
- 13 Jan 2008, 21:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can you change a BC?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4522
Re: Can you change a BC?
Whether or not you can change a birth record depends upon the state. Who told you you could not change your grandfather's birth certificate? Most states allow such things to be changed with a court order. You just need proof of the error-- for example, a marriage record, death record, school record ...
- 15 Dec 2007, 03:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Appointment wait time
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9406
Re: Appointment wait time
The waits are not the same. It depends upon the consulate. At the Detroit consulate, for example, you can just walk in. When I applied there in June, I was told that there were 38 applications ahead of mine. I got my letter in 3 weeks. I've heard that Boston and Miami have long waits.
I'm not sure ...
I'm not sure ...