Search found 15 matches
- 26 Dec 2009, 02:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name Changing
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8888
Re: Name Changing
Well, I am hoping it is at least a 50/50 chance, though I feel it could be 5% or 95% for all I know. I just wish there was some way to find out if the consulate decided to go ahead and submit my papers, or if they are waiting on something (they no longer reply to my emails and I have since moved ...
- 23 Dec 2009, 15:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name Changing
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8888
Re: Name Changing
I am in the exact same situation. I changed my last name a few years ago for personal reasons, and submitted all of my paperwork to the consulate. After waiting about a year for processing, they contacted me and informed me that I must obtain an ammended birth certificate for myself reflecting the ...
- 27 Apr 2008, 01:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: italiamerica.org
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8573
Re: italiamerica.org
I have finally been corresponding with the owner. I ***STRONGLY*** recommend that you do ***NOT*** order from this company. PM me for details.
- 25 Feb 2008, 18:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: italiamerica.org
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8573
Re: italiamerica.org
The company clearly has some type of connection, as they are able to typically obtain naturalization documents within a couple of months. If not, there would be no need for their services and everyone would just go the FOIA route themselves. I am currently about 27 thousand on the FOIA wait list ...
- 25 Feb 2008, 01:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: italiamerica.org
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8573
italiamerica.org
Hello all,
I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get through to italiamerica.org. I ordered a naturalization certificate from them about 18 weeks ago and have not received anything... and worse, I have sent about eight emails to them over the course of the last three months without a ...
I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get through to italiamerica.org. I ordered a naturalization certificate from them about 18 weeks ago and have not received anything... and worse, I have sent about eight emails to them over the course of the last three months without a ...
- 02 Dec 2007, 21:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Death certificate
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8034
Re: Death certificate
Sure, I´d be happy to.
Information from NARA documents:
Arrived in US (New York) : Feb. 12, 1902
Arrived from Naples
Born, raised, and married in Palo del Colle, Bari, Italy
Thanks again for any assiatance!
Information from NARA documents:
Arrived in US (New York) : Feb. 12, 1902
Arrived from Naples
Born, raised, and married in Palo del Colle, Bari, Italy
Thanks again for any assiatance!
- 30 Nov 2007, 20:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Death certificate
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8034
Re: Death certificate
Thanks for doing the search... I´ve actually beaten ancestry.com to death. Any other ideas for finding his date/location of death? Thanks again.
- 27 Nov 2007, 17:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Death certificate
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8034
Death certificate
Hello everyone,
I have been trying to locate my great-grandfather´s death certificate with no luck. It is likely he died in Massachusetts, though without the exact date of death the process of dealing with the MA department of vital statistics has been a nightmare. He was alive in 1930 and deceased ...
I have been trying to locate my great-grandfather´s death certificate with no luck. It is likely he died in Massachusetts, though without the exact date of death the process of dealing with the MA department of vital statistics has been a nightmare. He was alive in 1930 and deceased ...
- 02 May 2007, 14:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Vice consulates
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4501
Vice consulates
Greetings...
What services do vice consulates offer? Is there any advantage in dealing with them? Can documents be submitted through them?
I am guessing that they might not be too much utility given the fact that they are rarely discussed.
Thanks!
What services do vice consulates offer? Is there any advantage in dealing with them? Can documents be submitted through them?
I am guessing that they might not be too much utility given the fact that they are rarely discussed.
Thanks!
- 27 Apr 2007, 19:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: INFO.
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8146
Re: INFO.
Thanks Biff,
I sent them a fax, but will also follow up with a letter as you suggested. I was hoping to also follow up with an email, but I still cannot find any electronic contact for the commune of Palo del Colle. Does anyone have this info?
Thanks again!

I sent them a fax, but will also follow up with a letter as you suggested. I was hoping to also follow up with an email, but I still cannot find any electronic contact for the commune of Palo del Colle. Does anyone have this info?
Thanks again!
- 26 Apr 2007, 19:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: INFO.
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8146
Re: INFO.
Hello,
I, too, need to request birth/marriage certificates from Palo del Colle. What do you recommend the quickest way to do this would be? I was thinking of sending a request by email, but the commune's web site seems to be down indefinitely, so I don't have an address. I guess I could try faxing ...
I, too, need to request birth/marriage certificates from Palo del Colle. What do you recommend the quickest way to do this would be? I was thinking of sending a request by email, but the commune's web site seems to be down indefinitely, so I don't have an address. I guess I could try faxing ...
- 16 Apr 2007, 20:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great-grandparents
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8584
Re: Great-grandparents
Trish,
Thank you so much for doing all of that... it was truly an enormous help. I will most definitely pay a visit to a Family History Center.
Eternal thanks.

Thank you so much for doing all of that... it was truly an enormous help. I will most definitely pay a visit to a Family History Center.
Eternal thanks.
- 16 Apr 2007, 15:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great-grandparents
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8584
Re: Great-grandparents
Livio,
Thanks... I just noticed that myself. I actually had to register at the Ellis Island site to view the 1898 manifest for some reason. That definitely helps to determine an approximate date of marriage... and I think it's safe to assume that the town of "Mintiletto" should in fact be ...
Thanks... I just noticed that myself. I actually had to register at the Ellis Island site to view the 1898 manifest for some reason. That definitely helps to determine an approximate date of marriage... and I think it's safe to assume that the town of "Mintiletto" should in fact be ...
- 16 Apr 2007, 14:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great-grandparents
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8584
Re: Great-grandparents
Riccardo,
Many thanks. That is certainly him. I was wondering where "Mintiletto" is. You mentioned that it is in the province of Avellino, which sounds correct, but I was unable to find it on a map or in any search engine.
Also, is it possible to download the ship manifest? It seems as if the ...
Many thanks. That is certainly him. I was wondering where "Mintiletto" is. You mentioned that it is in the province of Avellino, which sounds correct, but I was unable to find it on a map or in any search engine.
Also, is it possible to download the ship manifest? It seems as if the ...
- 16 Apr 2007, 03:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great-grandparents
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8584
Great-grandparents
Hi everyone,
I am attempting to obtain birth and marriage certificates for my great-grandparents, both of whom were born and married in Italy. The issue is that I have very little information on them, so I'm trying to figure out where geographically I could attempt to send a request to a commune ...
I am attempting to obtain birth and marriage certificates for my great-grandparents, both of whom were born and married in Italy. The issue is that I have very little information on them, so I'm trying to figure out where geographically I could attempt to send a request to a commune ...