Greetings...
What services do vice consulates offer? Is there any advantage in dealing with them? Can documents be submitted through them?
I am guessing that they might not be too much utility given the fact that they are rarely discussed.
Thanks!
Vice consulates
Re: Vice consulates
No, you can't submit docs through a vice consulate. What they can do is help you with the preliminaries and provide you with a list of requirements for the consulate.
Re: Vice consulates
Careful. There are 2 kinds of Vice-Consulates. There are full service Vice-Consulates such as Newark, NJ which can be thought of as a full-service branch office of the NY Consulate. Newark can perform vitually all services that a Consulate can. Then there is the second category which are Honorary Vice-Consulates. As stated in other replies, there are limited service and can, at best, only provide guidance on the citizenship process. However, they DO seem to be able to get statuses on your application from the Consulates at times...
- buzzinrizza
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 03 Jun 2006, 00:00
- Location: Seattle Washington,USA
Re: Vice consulates
I recently visited the Vice consulate in Phoenix, AZ and they offered next to no help. The person I spoke with new almost nothing about citizenship, in fact the things that he said he was sure about contradicted everything that I have found in all of my research. He also would not comment on or even look at the documents that I had or notarize my declaration. On the LA consulate website it says to be seen you must make an appointment- he told me to just show up and that they don't take appointments. Basically, I left the office much more confused than when I entered it.
