Thank you Elizabeth! I'm new to this forum thing, although if I'd spent a moment looking around I could have solved my own problem.
What an amazing resource this forum is. I have found an entire branch of my family through the assistance of its members, a family I wasn't even sure still existed ...
Search found 10 matches
- 16 Feb 2008, 22:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family in Argentina
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7011
- 16 Feb 2008, 05:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family in Argentina
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7011
Re: Family in Argentina
Another cousin!! I would love to communicate with you. Sofia Leonardi Cattolica and I have been writing to each other for many months now and have become great friends.
My father was Pasquale's younger son and would have been about 10 or 11 when Ernesto's children lived with them. Did you know ...
My father was Pasquale's younger son and would have been about 10 or 11 when Ernesto's children lived with them. Did you know ...
- 07 Aug 2007, 15:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Records from Genoa
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3495
Re: Records from Genoa
Thank you, thank you.
- 05 Aug 2007, 21:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Records from Genoa
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3495
Records from Genoa
Does anyone have any experience obtaining birth acts from Genoa for records before 1926? I've learned that 19 areas which were not part of the comune of Genoa before were merged into the city in 1926 but I don't know where the records of those areas went. I know that the Comune does not have them.
- 26 Jul 2007, 13:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Researching family crest
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5731
Re: Researching family crest
Sorry, should have been more clear. My grandfather was Pasquale Leonardi Cattolica. He was made a Count (Earl in English aristocracy) in 1917.
His father - Edoardo Leonardi Cattolica
Grandfather Pasquale Pietro Leonardi Cattolica
His father - Edoardo Leonardi Cattolica
Grandfather Pasquale Pietro Leonardi Cattolica
- 26 Jul 2007, 06:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Researching family crest
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5731
Researching family crest
I'm new to researching family genealogy and so would appreciate any help on this issue.
My grandfather was made a Conte in 1917. The crest, with the decorations denoting his title, is in the Golden Book of Italian Nobility specifically referencing him and his children (my father).
I am interested ...
My grandfather was made a Conte in 1917. The crest, with the decorations denoting his title, is in the Golden Book of Italian Nobility specifically referencing him and his children (my father).
I am interested ...
- 26 Jul 2007, 04:46
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Women and surnames
- Replies: 22
- Views: 43773
Re: Women and surnames
This thread made me so happy to hear I wasn't the only one. My maiden name was two words, for a total of 17 letters, which we hyphenated so that Americans wouldn't drop the first word in the Spanish style. I couldn't face adding another hyphenated name (can you imagine the nightmare) when I married ...
- 09 Jul 2007, 04:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family in Argentina
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7011
Re: Family in Argentina
Well that was pretty amazing! A quick search on Apellidositalianos.com and I found Ernesto's granddaughter and great granddaughter. It's s toss up who is more excited, them or me. Thanks again!
- 08 Jul 2007, 18:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family in Argentina
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7011
Re: Family in Argentina
Thanks so much for the info. I'm curious about dropping the second half of the name since this is not a maternal/paternal surname situation as in Spanish speaking countries (at least not since 1760). In the US, they always try and drop the first part of the name. Drives me crazy, but at least it's ...
- 07 Jul 2007, 21:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family in Argentina
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7011
Family in Argentina
I'm looking for family in Argentina with the name Leonardi Cattolica.
My grandfather was Pasquale Leonardi Cattolica, b.Naples, 1854.
His brother, Ernesto b. San Giorgio a Cremano (Naples), 9 April 1860 immigrated to Argentina sometime before 1901.
Ernesto built a theater in San Salvador de Jujuy ...
My grandfather was Pasquale Leonardi Cattolica, b.Naples, 1854.
His brother, Ernesto b. San Giorgio a Cremano (Naples), 9 April 1860 immigrated to Argentina sometime before 1901.
Ernesto built a theater in San Salvador de Jujuy ...