Thank you, David. That's good to know!
Do you know if the translation have to be apostilled?
Search found 36 matches
- 13 Feb 2008, 04:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Rules for attaching translations?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4489
- 13 Feb 2008, 02:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Rules for attaching translations?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4489
Rules for attaching translations?
Curious to know if the translations have to be stapled to the corresponding documents ... or paper clipped?
Are affidavits from the translator required for EACH document, and if so, do these also have to be stapled to the translation and document?
If it helps, I am applying through the Boston ...
Are affidavits from the translator required for EACH document, and if so, do these also have to be stapled to the translation and document?
If it helps, I am applying through the Boston ...
- 09 Feb 2008, 19:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: taxes
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4471
taxes
Hi all,
I am very close in completing my Dual Citizenship application.
I had a couple questions regarding taxes. If I obtain my Italian Dual Citizenship, live and work here in the US, do I have to file and/or owe taxes to Italy? If so, can anyone briefly describe/explain the process.
Thanks!
I am very close in completing my Dual Citizenship application.
I had a couple questions regarding taxes. If I obtain my Italian Dual Citizenship, live and work here in the US, do I have to file and/or owe taxes to Italy? If so, can anyone briefly describe/explain the process.
Thanks!
- 31 Jan 2008, 20:14
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: simple translation
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3186
simple translation
Hello,
What is the exact translation for the "UFFICIO DELLO STATO CIVILE"?
Thank you!
What is the exact translation for the "UFFICIO DELLO STATO CIVILE"?
Thank you!
- 29 Jan 2008, 20:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Boston translators
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7157
Re: Boston translators
Hi Peg,
My father's birth certificate has to be amended. His mother's maiden name is spelled incorrectly.
Regarding the divorce documents, in Boston you need Absolute Decree, Judgement NISI AND the Agreement (this is the killer for translation). :cry:
I hope for your sake that NY does not ...
My father's birth certificate has to be amended. His mother's maiden name is spelled incorrectly.
Regarding the divorce documents, in Boston you need Absolute Decree, Judgement NISI AND the Agreement (this is the killer for translation). :cry:
I hope for your sake that NY does not ...
- 29 Jan 2008, 20:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Boston translators
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7157
Re: Boston translators
Hi Peg,
Great advice, thank you!
I had my meeting today. I'm very close, I just have to amend one document then submit all documents for Apostilles.
Regarding translations, the Consulate only needs the divorce documents translated. Unfortunately, this is 20 pages!
I made calls today to local ...
Great advice, thank you!
I had my meeting today. I'm very close, I just have to amend one document then submit all documents for Apostilles.
Regarding translations, the Consulate only needs the divorce documents translated. Unfortunately, this is 20 pages!
I made calls today to local ...
- 29 Jan 2008, 19:23
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Boston translators
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7157
Re: Boston translators
Thanks, Peter. I submitted an estimate request.
Do you, or anyone, know what's the criteria for a non-proffesional translation? Meaning, I have a friend who is a native speaker. Do these need to be formatted and notarized?
By the way, they are divorce documents.
Thanks!
Do you, or anyone, know what's the criteria for a non-proffesional translation? Meaning, I have a friend who is a native speaker. Do these need to be formatted and notarized?
By the way, they are divorce documents.
Thanks!
- 29 Jan 2008, 15:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Boston translators
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7157
Boston translators
Does anyone know of any good, inexpensive and fast translators in the Boston area?
Thanks,
Luca
Thanks,
Luca
- 28 Jan 2008, 22:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: records just came!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7132
Re: records just came!
Gildone,
Do you think a certified letter from the court where Naturalization took place would work in replacement of the actual Certificate?
Do you think a certified letter from the court where Naturalization took place would work in replacement of the actual Certificate?
- 27 Jan 2008, 00:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: records just came!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7132
Re: records just came!
Hi David,
I do not have any experience with the SF consulate (someone may want to interject here), but from experience in Boston, you need a copy of the Naturalization Certificate or a letter from USCIS confirming his Naturalization on top of the records. OR maybe a letter from the court he ...
I do not have any experience with the SF consulate (someone may want to interject here), but from experience in Boston, you need a copy of the Naturalization Certificate or a letter from USCIS confirming his Naturalization on top of the records. OR maybe a letter from the court he ...
- 27 Jan 2008, 00:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: N. Records - urgent help needed
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6721
Re: N. Records - urgent help needed
Thanks, Davidlatour. I missed typed my original post. I meant to refer to Naturalization Certificate, not "Records". I have all the certified records from the NARA (Arrival, Declaration, Intention, Oath) but they do not have Naturalization Certificates, which you need in most Consulates ...
- 26 Jan 2008, 00:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Birth Date on Naturalization Records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3578
Re: Birth Date on Naturalization Records
Hi Peg,
As always, thank you for you help!
My appointment is with the Boston Consulate.
I will post my results after my visit.
Wish me luck on the birth dates!
As always, thank you for you help!
My appointment is with the Boston Consulate.
I will post my results after my visit.
Wish me luck on the birth dates!
- 25 Jan 2008, 22:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Birth Date on Naturalization Records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3578
Birth Date on Naturalization Records
Hi all,
I'm meeting with the Consulate on Tuesday to present all of my documents.
I found an error on the date of birth on his Declaration of Intention. It's only a month off:
Declaration Date: June 29, 1879
Birth Certificate: July 29, 1879
I know his birth certificate is correct as I confirmed ...
I'm meeting with the Consulate on Tuesday to present all of my documents.
I found an error on the date of birth on his Declaration of Intention. It's only a month off:
Declaration Date: June 29, 1879
Birth Certificate: July 29, 1879
I know his birth certificate is correct as I confirmed ...
- 20 Jan 2008, 19:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Proper Divorce Documents
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8382
Re: Proper Divorce Documents
Great suggestion! I would like to know their reasons for these documents them before I submit such personal information.
I will be sure to post my findings!
Thanks again!
Luca
I will be sure to post my findings!
Thanks again!
Luca
- 20 Jan 2008, 17:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Proper Divorce Documents
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8382
Re: Proper Divorce Documents
I am applying for Citizenship through my Paternal line.
Though I am over 18, my parents got divorced when I was 15. I believe my mother had physical custody while my father had joint custody.
Do you think this is an issue and if so, something they'll check into?
Though I am over 18, my parents got divorced when I was 15. I believe my mother had physical custody while my father had joint custody.
Do you think this is an issue and if so, something they'll check into?