Search found 11 matches
- 14 Feb 2011, 20:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Yarusso / Bad Records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2663
Re: Yarusso / Bad Records
Done in one! Biff83, you were dead on with Marsico Nuovo. I was able to find their marriage record (1897, #35) and the birth record of their eldest daughter with Ancestry.com's digital files. Looks like Antonio was actually born in Lavello, according to the marriage record. Unfortuantely, records ...
- 14 Feb 2011, 18:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Yarusso / Bad Records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2663
Yarusso / Bad Records
My Great Grandfather, Antonio Yarusso/Iarusso, became a naturalized citizen of the US in 1918. The document he filled out contains a wealth of information about when and from where he arrived, but it all appears to be incorrect, misspelled, or recollected from hazy memories. The fact that I have not ...
- 17 Jan 2008, 20:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filoso
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15209
Re: Filoso
The plot thickens...
Alberto Filoso joined his uncle Giacomo Ferraro in New York in 1920. On one of Giacomo's earlier trips, he states that he is staying with his brother, Carlo Ferraro in New York.
Using ancestry.com's passport database, I can see that someone named Salvatore Filoso applied for a ...
Alberto Filoso joined his uncle Giacomo Ferraro in New York in 1920. On one of Giacomo's earlier trips, he states that he is staying with his brother, Carlo Ferraro in New York.
Using ancestry.com's passport database, I can see that someone named Salvatore Filoso applied for a ...
- 14 Jan 2008, 17:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filoso
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15209
Re: Filoso
Other than church records, and possible military service, is there any other sources I should be looking at for information on Alberto Filoso? I've got a long wait ahead of me for microfilm and would like to keep working on this Filoso side if possible.
- 13 Jan 2008, 00:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filoso
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15209
Re: Filoso
Wow..you guys are good.
Thanks for the detective work, liviomoreno. I've never heard the last name Ferraro thrown around in the family before, but it could definitely be a uncle, as I have no idea what Alberto's mother's name was. Also, my grandmother was surprised to hear that it is spelled ...
Thanks for the detective work, liviomoreno. I've never heard the last name Ferraro thrown around in the family before, but it could definitely be a uncle, as I have no idea what Alberto's mother's name was. Also, my grandmother was surprised to hear that it is spelled ...
- 12 Jan 2008, 01:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filoso
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15209
Re: Filoso
Another good idea, although he left the county at age 20, I'm not sure if we would have served in the military before that.
- 12 Jan 2008, 00:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filoso
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15209
Re: Filoso
Hmm...another snag. I have no idea which Ischia it actually is. I assumed the island of Ischia because it is just minutes across the water from the port of Naples. No help at Ellis Island to narrow it down either.
Add another question mark to the file...
Add another question mark to the file...
- 11 Jan 2008, 23:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filoso
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15209
Re: Filoso
I'll definitely give this a try. Looks like there's a center nearby open tomorrow, I'll try to order it then.
Thanks for the lead!
Thanks for the lead!
- 11 Jan 2008, 22:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filoso
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15209
Re: Filoso
The problem isn't the Filosos in Pretoro, I've got quite a few contacts on that side, it's finding out how my great grandfather fits in with the rest of the family tree. As I mentioned, beyond Alberto, the cold all but goes cold.
Thank you for looking, though.
Thank you for looking, though.
- 11 Jan 2008, 22:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filoso
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15209
Filoso
My great grandfather Alberto Filoso (born August 26, 1900) immigrated in 1920 through Ellis Island. He is listed as living in Ischia, with his mother (Angela Moffetone) listed as nearest living relative - still in Ischia. It is possible his father's name was Ralph/Ralphael Filoso, but I have no ...
- 11 Jan 2008, 21:55
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Patanzzu?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5100
Patanzzu?
i just recieved a copy of my great grandfather's naturalization records and this is the name of the town he lists as being born in: PATANZZU. However, it does not appear anywhere on the internet. As far as any one remembers, it may be near Naples, but no one is sure.
Any ideas on what the correct ...
Any ideas on what the correct ...