Search found 20 matches
- 02 Jul 2008, 05:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: A cemetery just outside Naples
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3782
A cemetery just outside Naples
We were just a minute or two into our flight from Naples to Rome, returning home after 12 glorious days. :cry: I took this picture from the plane. It was the only cemetery I got to see on the trip. We could not make it to Teggiano, Trentinara or Colobraro due to time and money constraints. Mainly ...
- 14 Jun 2008, 19:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trip to Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7264
Re: Trip to Italy
We leave for the airport in about 30 minutes. Thanks for the well wishes!
I plan to bring back a thousand photos or so. ;o) Just my nature since I'm a photographer!
Thanks for everyones' help. I'm sure we'll be able to find a drive of some kind. If not, we may brave it and drive ourselves ...
I plan to bring back a thousand photos or so. ;o) Just my nature since I'm a photographer!
Thanks for everyones' help. I'm sure we'll be able to find a drive of some kind. If not, we may brave it and drive ourselves ...
- 12 Jun 2008, 20:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Please help!!!
- Replies: 16
- Views: 16063
Re: Please help!!!
DEATHS REGISTERED IN JULY, AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER 1901
Marie Pauline Agazzi
Estimated Birth Year: 1851
Year of Registration: 1901
Age at Death: 50
District: Plymouth
County: Devon
Volume: 5b
From the Free BMD Death Index 1837-1983
Marie Pauline Agazzi
Estimated Birth Year: 1851
Year of Registration: 1901
Age at Death: 50
District: Plymouth
County: Devon
Volume: 5b
From the Free BMD Death Index 1837-1983
- 12 Jun 2008, 20:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trip to Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7264
Trip to Italy
This may or may not be the correct forum, but here goes anyway.
We are leaving Saturday for a 12 day trip to Italy. Start in Venice, end in Sorrento. One of the days in Sorrento, we want to hire a driver to take us to Trentinara. I've contacted three by email and gotten varying prices.
Does anyone ...
We are leaving Saturday for a 12 day trip to Italy. Start in Venice, end in Sorrento. One of the days in Sorrento, we want to hire a driver to take us to Trentinara. I've contacted three by email and gotten varying prices.
Does anyone ...
- 10 Jun 2008, 19:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Forum rules?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5016
Forum rules?
What are the forum rules for people with access to pay sites sharing info from those sites on this board? Is it okay? Do we go by "it's my money, I'll spend it however I want"? Thanks.
- 29 May 2008, 03:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Photographing cemeteries in Italy
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5473
Re: Photographing cemeteries in Italy
Thanks for all the information. I don't understand why it would be illegal, especially if it's family graves you're taking photos of. But, illegal is illegal and I don't want to end up in an Italian jail.
- 28 May 2008, 04:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Photographing cemeteries in Italy
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5473
Photographing cemeteries in Italy
We're leaving in mid-June. We hope to take a day (hire a driver) to take us from Sorrento to Teggiano. I'd like to photograph any family surname stones that I find. But, I read somewhere that it's illegal to photographs graves in Italian cemeteries.
Does anyone know? Does anyone know the name of ...
Does anyone know? Does anyone know the name of ...
- 30 Mar 2008, 04:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Difficulty reading old passport. Need some help.
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10468
Re: Difficulty reading old passport. Need some help.
Chris, someone in our family has the original. That particular person was the son of my grandfather's half-brother. Family says that Anna Rizzo was not the mother of the person holding the passport (almost hostage) and no direct family member knows where it is now. That "half-nephew" has passed away ...
- 29 Mar 2008, 03:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Difficulty reading old passport. Need some help.
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10468
Re: Difficulty reading old passport. Need some help.
This helps more than y'all know!
Thanks so much!
Debbie
Edited to add: Forgot to ask. How can you determine when the passport was applied for? I don't see a date anywhere on it. What I posted here was the front part only but the other portions look blank.
Thanks so much!
Debbie
Edited to add: Forgot to ask. How can you determine when the passport was applied for? I don't see a date anywhere on it. What I posted here was the front part only but the other portions look blank.
- 28 Mar 2008, 09:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Difficulty reading old passport. Need some help.
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10468
Re: Difficulty reading old passport. Need some help.
My bad. Tried it as an attachment. Here's the passport.


- 28 Mar 2008, 09:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Difficulty reading old passport. Need some help.
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10468
Difficulty reading old passport. Need some help.
The name is barely legible but says ANNA RIZZO.
I can tell she's the daughter of Domenic. What I can't read is the next line and what it means. Can someone help?
I can tell she's the daughter of Domenic. What I can't read is the next line and what it means. Can someone help?
- 27 Mar 2008, 15:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Nigro
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3425
Re: Nigro
Thank you so much. I'll work from that. I seem to be having a difficult time reading some of the manifests and obviously missed that one. Missed the WW1 registration too.
- 27 Mar 2008, 04:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Nigro
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3425
Nigro
Matteo Nigro from Potenza, came to the US around 1905. Had a sister named Francesca and a brother named Gerald. (Don't know if that's Gennarro or Geraldo). Would have been born in the late 1800s. A son named Michael Angelo Nigro, born around 1900. Family settled mostly in the Berkeley Heights area ...
- 24 Mar 2008, 23:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Domenic (Dominic, Domenick) or Dominic (Domenick)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4229
Re: Antonio Domenic (Dominic, Domenick) or Dominic (Domenick
once they identify the PLOT they should have the names of everyone who is interred there.
good luck, john
Therein lies the problem. I actually spoke with the cemetery manager later that afternoon. He had a print out of all the plots and plot owners. But, they DO NOT keep a record of who's buried ...
good luck, john
Therein lies the problem. I actually spoke with the cemetery manager later that afternoon. He had a print out of all the plots and plot owners. But, they DO NOT keep a record of who's buried ...
- 24 Mar 2008, 22:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Churches in Colobraro
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4307
Re: Churches in Colobraro
Thanks to you both. That will help considerably. We are planning a trip to the area in mid-June. I'm hoping I'll be able to gather a little information while I'm there.