We're leaving in mid-June. We hope to take a day (hire a driver) to take us from Sorrento to Teggiano. I'd like to photograph any family surname stones that I find. But, I read somewhere that it's illegal to photographs graves in Italian cemeteries.
Does anyone know? Does anyone know the name of the cemetery/cemeteries in Teggiano?
Thanks for any help.
Photographing cemeteries in Italy
Re: Photographing cemeteries in Italy
Hi Miller,
The cemetery doesn't seem to be listed on the website of Teggiano comune, so perhaps there isn't one, or it's in the grounds of one of the churches or the cathedral. If you type in Teggiano comune, you will get 3 or 4 different sites. If you can find an email address, it might be as well to email them, it will be tons quicker for you. You'll have to make the request in Italian, though.
Hope this is of some help.
Seraphina
The cemetery doesn't seem to be listed on the website of Teggiano comune, so perhaps there isn't one, or it's in the grounds of one of the churches or the cathedral. If you type in Teggiano comune, you will get 3 or 4 different sites. If you can find an email address, it might be as well to email them, it will be tons quicker for you. You'll have to make the request in Italian, though.
Hope this is of some help.
Seraphina
Re: Photographing cemeteries in Italy
yes it is illegal...miller1969 wrote:We're leaving in mid-June. We hope to take a day (hire a driver) to take us from Sorrento to Teggiano. I'd like to photograph any family surname stones that I find. But, I read somewhere that it's illegal to photographs graves in Italian cemeteries.
Does anyone know? Does anyone know the name of the cemetery/cemeteries in Teggiano?
Thanks for any help.
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Photographing cemeteries in Italy
suanj,
I heard though that you can ask permission to take pictures of the stones..is this true? If so, how would one go about it and who would they ask?
I heard though that you can ask permission to take pictures of the stones..is this true? If so, how would one go about it and who would they ask?
Re: Photographing cemeteries in Italy
the special permission must be made to Major, explaining the cause because a people wish made the picture... The Major can to accept it or no.... kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Photographing cemeteries in Italy
Thank You Raffaella!
Baci!
Baci!
-
miller1969
- Newbie

- Posts: 20
- Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 20:38
Re: Photographing cemeteries in Italy
Thanks for all the information. I don't understand why it would be illegal, especially if it's family graves you're taking photos of. But, illegal is illegal and I don't want to end up in an Italian jail.



