I just totally realised what you meant...
I'll send off for those certificates.
Sarah
Search found 23 matches
- 30 Jul 2009, 11:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: lost italian relative
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4391
- 30 Jul 2009, 11:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: lost italian relative
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4391
Re: lost italian relative
Yeah thanks for that link.
I'm trying to find out more about the Merani's now.
Mainly in Italy but I just do not know where to start.
Giacomo fled from Genoa when he was 9 years old, at the time of Garibaldi. I have Giacomo's marriage certificate which states his fathers name- Pasquale Merani ...
I'm trying to find out more about the Merani's now.
Mainly in Italy but I just do not know where to start.
Giacomo fled from Genoa when he was 9 years old, at the time of Garibaldi. I have Giacomo's marriage certificate which states his fathers name- Pasquale Merani ...
- 24 Jul 2009, 16:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: lost italian relative
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4391
Re: lost italian relative
does anyone know how i can go about this research?
- 20 Jul 2009, 13:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: lost italian relative
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4391
lost italian relative
Hi, I am having trouble looking for the parents, wife and children of Pasquale Merani, a mariner from Genoa Italy.
I know he has one child called Giacomo (Jackamo) or also known as John in England, where he emmigrated to. I am oblivious to any more information about Pasquale and would greatly ...
I know he has one child called Giacomo (Jackamo) or also known as John in England, where he emmigrated to. I am oblivious to any more information about Pasquale and would greatly ...
- 19 Jul 2008, 19:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: from genoa/genova?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2552
from genoa/genova?
if so then please contact me. i need advice...
many thanks,
Sarah
many thanks,
Sarah
- 19 Jul 2008, 18:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stuck at a dead end :(
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4478
Re: Stuck at a dead end :(
Cant find his name or any that are similar to it. never mind.
Any idea of how I could find where he came from exaclty?
I dont know what to do. And I can't interpret italian
veeeyepee
Any idea of how I could find where he came from exaclty?
I dont know what to do. And I can't interpret italian
veeeyepee
- 18 Jul 2008, 12:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stuck at a dead end :(
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4478
Stuck at a dead end :(
can anyone give me help in finding my ancestors in Italy?
Giacomo Merani, b. 1835
Moved to England and married mary Winter in 1871.
Died in 1910.
Father- Pasquale Merani.
From the Genoa area of Italy.
Supposedly fought in the War for Garibaldi?
I've no idea where to look in Italy or online ...
Giacomo Merani, b. 1835
Moved to England and married mary Winter in 1871.
Died in 1910.
Father- Pasquale Merani.
From the Genoa area of Italy.
Supposedly fought in the War for Garibaldi?
I've no idea where to look in Italy or online ...
- 16 Jul 2008, 15:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: MERANI FAMILY genoa, Italy... help?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2760
MERANI FAMILY genoa, Italy... help?
I would greatly appreciate any help someone could give, in order to allow me to look further into my Italian ancestry. I am searching for my grandparents- both whom are too old to be doing this, but both are desperate to know about their relatives.
I have a great great great grandfather called ...
I have a great great great grandfather called ...
- 16 Jul 2008, 14:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: searching ancestors in GENOA, 1800's
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3084
searching ancestors in GENOA, 1800's
I would greatly appreciate any help someone could give, in order to allow me to look further into my Italian ancestry. I am searching for my grandparents- both whom are too old to be doing this, but both are desperate to know about their relatives.
I have a great great great grandfather called ...
I have a great great great grandfather called ...
- 10 Apr 2008, 09:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
- Replies: 43
- Views: 36822
Re: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
Hey everyone!
I'm really stuck with where to go next. If these baptismal certificates cost then I don't know if I'll be able to get them. Is there any free way at all that I can research this? Every site I go on costs money... such an expensive hobby!
Help anyone? I don't know what to do next ...
I'm really stuck with where to go next. If these baptismal certificates cost then I don't know if I'll be able to get them. Is there any free way at all that I can research this? Every site I go on costs money... such an expensive hobby!
Help anyone? I don't know what to do next ...
- 02 Apr 2008, 11:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
- Replies: 43
- Views: 36822
Re: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
Hey everybody!
Received the marriage certificate today and it doesn't tell me where abouts Giacomo came from in Italy. It does however say his father's name, which might help... not sure though?
They got married on Octomber 2nd 1871 in liverpool. Giacomo's father was named Pasquale merani... also ...
Received the marriage certificate today and it doesn't tell me where abouts Giacomo came from in Italy. It does however say his father's name, which might help... not sure though?
They got married on Octomber 2nd 1871 in liverpool. Giacomo's father was named Pasquale merani... also ...
- 28 Mar 2008, 10:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
- Replies: 43
- Views: 36822
Re: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
So is catherine an extra child that john winter had with his second wife kate?
Sarah
Sarah
- 27 Mar 2008, 16:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
- Replies: 43
- Views: 36822
Re: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
Update:
Cannot figure out who married Willie Elwood Fletcher. Searched for him on ellisisland but can never get the right guy.. then its the case of finding which of Ellen's sister's he married.
Something in my head is telling me though that he's American because of 'Elwood' resting in his name. I ...
Cannot figure out who married Willie Elwood Fletcher. Searched for him on ellisisland but can never get the right guy.. then its the case of finding which of Ellen's sister's he married.
Something in my head is telling me though that he's American because of 'Elwood' resting in his name. I ...
- 26 Mar 2008, 21:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
- Replies: 43
- Views: 36822
Re: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
Cheers Valarie. I think he must have had two wives. First one perhaps died?
I'll see if I can search into that.
Grandma told me some extra information today.
Apparently, Giacomo merani was a stowaway on a ship from genoa to liverpool. He apparently had a large family, and fought for Garibaldi ...
I'll see if I can search into that.
Grandma told me some extra information today.
Apparently, Giacomo merani was a stowaway on a ship from genoa to liverpool. He apparently had a large family, and fought for Garibaldi ...
- 26 Mar 2008, 21:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
- Replies: 43
- Views: 36822
Re: Merani family from Genoa (Genova)
Mary Winter Merani’s brother John Winter
(John may have been married twice)
Note: John's daughter Ellen Winter may have been the cousin
that Margaret Merani was joining in Saratoga in 1909.
1881 census
Civil Parish: Everton
County/Island: Lancashire
Country: England
Registration ...
(John may have been married twice)
Note: John's daughter Ellen Winter may have been the cousin
that Margaret Merani was joining in Saratoga in 1909.
1881 census
Civil Parish: Everton
County/Island: Lancashire
Country: England
Registration ...