Search found 8 matches
- 09 Jul 2019, 04:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Handwriting Issues and Abbreviations on Record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1240
Re: Handwriting Issues and Abbreviations on Record
Grazie per il tuo aiuto, Giuseppe! I'm blown away that you could recognize that much from this record!

- 08 Jul 2019, 02:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Handwriting Issues and Abbreviations on Record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1240
Handwriting Issues and Abbreviations on Record
Hi all, I found the marriage records of my fourth great grandparents, Antonio Franco and Domenica Feltrin. I'm really struggling to read these records, particularly the atto di morte di Angela Franco (his mother) in the packet for Antonio Franco.
Antenati has the record online here http://dl ...
Antenati has the record online here http://dl ...
- 06 Jul 2010, 14:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian immigration into Chicago early 1900s and Clark St.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6991
Re: Italian immigration into Chicago early 1900s and Clark S
Does it give any indication of North or South Clark? Either are outside of the typical areas where Italians settled in Chicago.
My guess is that its some sort of boardinghouse that people were first steered into when they got to Chicago. Perhaps they were going to be stockyard workers and that was ...
My guess is that its some sort of boardinghouse that people were first steered into when they got to Chicago. Perhaps they were going to be stockyard workers and that was ...
- 23 Jun 2010, 16:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Della Giustina
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10152
Re: Della Giustina
My apologies, it is Giustina. Typo. I have a work permit for Augusta that lists it correctly.
I am pondering that she might be from the generation of your first ancestor, Antonio Della Giustina. As in, a sister or cousin. The name seems so clustered in Serravalle/Vittorio Veneto, I can't help but ...
I am pondering that she might be from the generation of your first ancestor, Antonio Della Giustina. As in, a sister or cousin. The name seems so clustered in Serravalle/Vittorio Veneto, I can't help but ...
- 23 Jun 2010, 16:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Translation Verification - Death Announcement, Angela Da Re
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3269
Translation Verification - Death Announcement, Angela Da Re
Hello everyone!
It has been awhile since I was active here, but I am hoping that you guys can help me.
I was wondering if someone can proofread my translation of a death announcement I found in my grandfather's things for my great-great-grandmother.
Here is the original Italian:
Oggi alle ore ...
It has been awhile since I was active here, but I am hoping that you guys can help me.
I was wondering if someone can proofread my translation of a death announcement I found in my grandfather's things for my great-great-grandmother.
Here is the original Italian:
Oggi alle ore ...
- 23 Jun 2010, 16:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Della Giustina
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10152
Re: Della Giustina
Audrey,
Have you made any more progress on your family tree? I am particularly interested in discussing this with you as my family is also from Vittorio Veneto in the parish of Serravalle, just like yours.
In my family, Magdalena Della Guistina (born abt. 1860) married Giovanni DeNardi. Their ...
Have you made any more progress on your family tree? I am particularly interested in discussing this with you as my family is also from Vittorio Veneto in the parish of Serravalle, just like yours.
In my family, Magdalena Della Guistina (born abt. 1860) married Giovanni DeNardi. Their ...
- 18 Apr 2008, 16:04
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ellis Island Manifests
- Replies: 8
- Views: 10743
Re: Ellis Island Manifests
The way I've always done it (at least until I can purchase the real thing), was to search through my temporary internet files until I can find the graphic, and copy that to a real location on my hard drive. (In XP, you need to search your local settings folder/temporary internet files/content.ie5 ...
- 18 Apr 2008, 16:00
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Vittorio-Veneto, Treviso, Italy - Record Locations
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5707
Vittorio-Veneto, Treviso, Italy - Record Locations
Hello all!
My name is Concetta and I'm new to this forum. I'm hoping someone can perhaps help me figure out where to write for records of Vittorio-Veneto.
My grandfather's entire family is from there -
His parents were Antonio Franco and Augusta DeNardi, and their parents were Giacomo Franco and ...
My name is Concetta and I'm new to this forum. I'm hoping someone can perhaps help me figure out where to write for records of Vittorio-Veneto.
My grandfather's entire family is from there -
His parents were Antonio Franco and Augusta DeNardi, and their parents were Giacomo Franco and ...