Search found 6 matches

by hailaugustus!
06 Nov 2008, 15:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Document request
Replies: 3
Views: 5093

Document request

Greetings once again my internet friends: :)

I am trying to get a birth certificate or an extract at least, for my great grandfather who was born in Menfi, Agrigento in August of 1895. I originally contacted the provincial archives of Agrigento located in Sciacca but the response was that only ...
by hailaugustus!
28 Oct 2008, 15:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Americanized versions of italian names
Replies: 22
Views: 27519

Re: Americanized versions of italian names

Alright... That does make sense. Thanks. This website Rocks !!!!!! :D
by hailaugustus!
28 Oct 2008, 14:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Americanized versions of italian names
Replies: 22
Views: 27519

Re: Americanized versions of italian names

[quote="hailaugustus!"] Sorry for the late reply. Thank you all for your help. But for all who responded on how they don't see the mattia -martha connection, I will have you know that my great great grandmother, born in sicily in the mid 1870's happens to be named Mattia . That name is also given on ...
by hailaugustus!
23 Oct 2008, 14:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Americanized versions of italian names
Replies: 22
Views: 27519

Americanized versions of italian names

As I continue my own family research, I am finding out that quite a few of my relatives altered there names to make them sound more American.
A few examples in my own case: 1) Andrea = Andrew
2) Calogero = Charles
3) Mattia = Martha
ect. ect. ect....
Is there a website or a book to be found that ...
by hailaugustus!
23 Oct 2008, 13:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: decals
Replies: 1
Views: 2951

decals

Hello. I was just wondering if there is an online store where you can purchase decals of municipal coats of arms for the various towns in Sicily or elsewhere in Italy for that matter. There seems to be coats for each town but I can’t seem to find any in physical form. I found decal stickers with ...
by hailaugustus!
19 Oct 2008, 20:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Menfi Agrigento
Replies: 4
Views: 6235

Menfi Agrigento

Hello! I am new to this site and I am doing research into my family history and to apply for duel citizenship. Would anyone know the address to the archivo di stato to menfi agrigento?. The only web site I found was to the provincial archives in the capital.

Thanks! :D