Search found 4 matches
- 03 Apr 2009, 06:23
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need advice for translators in N. California, or elsewhere
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8310
Re: Need advice for translators in N. California, or elsewhe
I used Gabriella Einaga as my translator when applying through Tokyo/San Francisco. (That's another story...) She was wonderful to work with and both consulates were happy with her work. In fact, she is on the list of approved SF translators. Best of all, she was very well priced ($15/document!) and ...
- 03 Mar 2009, 08:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Filing for Italian Citizenship while living abroad
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4705
Re: Filing for Italian Citizenship while living abroad
I'm in the same situation as you. I'm a U.S. citizen residing in Japan and Japan is where I applied for my Italian citizenship. Not only can you apply in Denmark, you technically are supposed to. It worked out great for me. I got to avoid the long waits at the consulates in the U.S. and I got very ...
- 24 Feb 2009, 08:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Family in different jurisdictions
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4758
Re: Family in different jurisdictions
I have a similar situation. I'm applying in Tokyo, first, with the rest of my family applying in San Francisco and L.A. later on. After a lot of run around between the 3 consulates, I finally got the same answer from all of them - you can share, sometimes.
If the generations apply in order, all ...
If the generations apply in order, all ...
- 24 Feb 2009, 08:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Embassy Application Form (listing ascendants' addresses
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2935
Re: Embassy Application Form (listing ascendants' addre
I recently had to make one of these same lists. When I handed it into the consulate, I was told they require it to verify which consular jurisdictions your ancestors have lived in since leaving Italy to verify whether they have ever renounced Italian citizenship or not. I wouldn't worry too much ...