Hi!
Unfortunately, I don't have photos of the neighborhood - would love to see some myself. I do have photos of family members, but I don't know everyone in them.
Nice hearing from you!!
TrafficDiva
Search found 8 matches
- 26 Jul 2009, 19:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: East Harlem - 114th St. & 1st Avenue
- Replies: 23
- Views: 68954
- 21 Jul 2009, 19:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: East Harlem - 114th St. & 1st Avenue
- Replies: 23
- Views: 68954
Re: East Harlem - 114th St. & 1st Avenue
Hello! Just wanted to throw my 2 cents into the ring :D My ancestors lived in East Harlem from about 1899 through 1930. They moved around a few times but they stayed close to E 116th St. I'd have to look at my notes for the exact addresses. My surnames are Lanzetta, De Paolo, Landi and Picarello ...
- 24 Apr 2009, 15:11
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Friano? Is this a town?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 14094
Re: Friano? Is this a town?
Thanks smdep!
I've done some searching through databases for the De Paolo name and the numerous spelling variations of the name make searching a nightmare. Any perspective I can get as to where the De Paolo's are or have been will definitely help my research.
Thanks for the input!
TrafficDiva
I've done some searching through databases for the De Paolo name and the numerous spelling variations of the name make searching a nightmare. Any perspective I can get as to where the De Paolo's are or have been will definitely help my research.
Thanks for the input!
TrafficDiva
- 04 Mar 2009, 23:09
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Friano? Is this a town?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 14094
Re: Friano? Is this a town?
elba - I think you may be right about Faiano Fr Salerno - it makes sense based on the information I have.
suanj - I think you also may be right about Acquarola.
My other ancestral villages are Fisciano and Calvanico. If I interpreted the maps correctly, the towns are close enough that there may ...
suanj - I think you also may be right about Acquarola.
My other ancestral villages are Fisciano and Calvanico. If I interpreted the maps correctly, the towns are close enough that there may ...
- 04 Mar 2009, 16:03
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Friano? Is this a town?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 14094
Re: Friano? Is this a town?
Thanks to all for your input!
I was thinking the family came from the Campania region. I have a letter written to my aunt in the 1970's from a De Paolo relative living in Salerno. At least, that's what was on the return address. But I've been researching the 1880's, so many things could have ...
I was thinking the family came from the Campania region. I have a letter written to my aunt in the 1970's from a De Paolo relative living in Salerno. At least, that's what was on the return address. But I've been researching the 1880's, so many things could have ...
- 03 Mar 2009, 20:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Friano? Is this a town?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 14094
Re: Friano? Is this a town?
Thanks Peter -
Her surname was De Paolo. I'll follow up on your suggestions and continue to search. Thanks again
TrafficDiva
Her surname was De Paolo. I'll follow up on your suggestions and continue to search. Thanks again
TrafficDiva
- 03 Mar 2009, 20:14
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Friano? Is this a town?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 14094
Re: Friano? Is this a town?
Thanks so much for your suggestions! I originally thought the town might be Faiano but I wasn't sure. Growing up, I was told that this part of the family came from Salerno.
The information I have came from the Family Search website so the transcriber may have misread the name of the town. The other ...
The information I have came from the Family Search website so the transcriber may have misread the name of the town. The other ...
- 02 Mar 2009, 23:22
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Friano? Is this a town?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 14094
Friano? Is this a town?
Has anyone ever heard of a town called Friano? I found my great-aunt in a database and it lists her birthplace as "Friano Pr., Salerno, Italy" . Is this within the town of Salerno, or just the province? Thanks in advance for any help - this is the only clue I have as to where my paternal grandmother ...