Hi Jess and Anne,
Thanks for your note! I almost gave up on trying to find out more details about the Monarca's. I sent some letters in Italian to some of the Monarca's there, but I received no reply.
Like I said in my post, the Monarca family is a bit far back on my family tree but is an ...
Search found 7 matches
- 03 Aug 2010, 13:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Monarca Family - Sessa Aurunca
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12374
- 06 Apr 2010, 13:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Monarca Family - Sessa Aurunca
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12374
Re: Monarca Family - Sessa Aurunca
Hi,
There is only one Monarca family in Sessa Aurunca, so I'm sure it's the same one, however, there are several different branches I believe. I have tried writing to the Monarca's in Sessa, but they have never responded.
I know some Monarca's came to the United States. There was a Giovanni ...
There is only one Monarca family in Sessa Aurunca, so I'm sure it's the same one, however, there are several different branches I believe. I have tried writing to the Monarca's in Sessa, but they have never responded.
I know some Monarca's came to the United States. There was a Giovanni ...
- 14 Apr 2009, 14:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ricciardi of Sulmona/Campo di Giove
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3042
Ricciardi of Sulmona/Campo di Giove
I was wondering if anyone has any insight into the early origins of the Ricciardi family who were quasi-nobles of Sulmona and Campo di Giove in Abruzzo. I have found several references from the 19th century but I was wondering if they are related to or have the same origins as the Noble Ricciardi's ...
- 30 Mar 2009, 15:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Monarca Family - Sessa Aurunca
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12374
Monarca Family - Sessa Aurunca
I'm trying to find details on the ancestry and history of the MONARCA family of Sessa Aurunca (CE). I know they have some noble or at least gentry background. My ancestor is Donna Isabella Monarca (1773-1825), daughter of Don Gennaro Monarca and Donna Maria Grazia Pellegrini and wife of Maggiore Don ...
- 30 Mar 2009, 14:04
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: CHIESA MADRE DI SULMONA
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6010
Re: CHIESA MADRE DI SULMONA
FYI....Chiesa Madre does not imply that it is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. It is the general term for the principal or "mother church" of the town. Most towns and villages still call their principal churches the Chiesa Madre. In Sulmona's case it is the Cathedral.
- 24 Mar 2009, 20:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: PACENTRO AND I"M in USA
- Replies: 7
- Views: 13067
Re: PACENTRO AND I"M in USA
The Ufficio dello Stato Civile in Pacentro will most likely not reply to a request in English or very bad Italian. I write and speak Italian and even then I didn't get a reply. I had to go there personally to get records for my family and even then it was not easy.
You need exact dates, exact ...
You need exact dates, exact ...
- 24 Mar 2009, 18:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Regaining Lost Citizenship
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3635
Regaining Lost Citizenship
This topic may have already been discussed, but here's my situation:
My mother was born in Italy and when she was a girl in the 1950's, she and her parents moved to the USA. In the mid 1960's (while she was still a minor younger than 18), her parents received US Citizenship. Shortly afterward, my ...
My mother was born in Italy and when she was a girl in the 1950's, she and her parents moved to the USA. In the mid 1960's (while she was still a minor younger than 18), her parents received US Citizenship. Shortly afterward, my ...