Wow - that's great! You received an appointment after a mere email! It looks like they've changed the procedures a bit. So you didn't have to sit around waiting for them to contact you! That was amazingly quick! Lucky you!
Yes, everything is "European style" i.e. the date format.
Search found 24 matches
- 06 Aug 2010, 02:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6502
- 28 Jul 2010, 12:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6502
Re: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
Peter,
Do I bring add'l copies to the consulate? Or just keep them for my records? Thanks
Do I bring add'l copies to the consulate? Or just keep them for my records? Thanks
- 27 Jul 2010, 14:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6502
Re: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
Yes, that's exactly what I mean! You're ahead of the game! I've heard that's a weeding out process for the folks at Newark, so include the cittandinanza!!! They'll be impressed and your application will go right to the "good pile!" Now go submit your application! I'll let you know more as the proces ...
- 26 Jul 2010, 21:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6502
Re: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
Sforza,
Yes, I'd send in the application to request an appointment! It took about 8 months to receive a call from them to schedule my appointment. I sent the application BEFORE I had my all my docs ( ! ) in a row. You have quite a bit of time ahead of you.
Also, make sure you have everything they ...
Yes, I'd send in the application to request an appointment! It took about 8 months to receive a call from them to schedule my appointment. I sent the application BEFORE I had my all my docs ( ! ) in a row. You have quite a bit of time ahead of you.
Also, make sure you have everything they ...
- 19 Jul 2010, 20:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6502
Re: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
Thanks so much for your reply! All this is getting very expensive!!! I'm not surprised you're telling me that about the direct line, too. Of course I spent tons of money and time and effort - amending names, etc. - that aren't in the direct line.
Oh well. I guess better to be safe than sorry. I'll ...
Oh well. I guess better to be safe than sorry. I'll ...
- 19 Jul 2010, 18:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Number of copies for Newark Consulate
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6502
Number of copies for Newark Consulate
Anyone have info regarding how many copies I need to provide? Or are the originals sufficient for submission?
I could have sworn I read on the NY consulate site that they want copies. Nobody from Newark will return my calls!
Thanks so much in advance!!!!
I could have sworn I read on the NY consulate site that they want copies. Nobody from Newark will return my calls!
Thanks so much in advance!!!!
- 17 Jul 2010, 23:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Requirements for Newark
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1359
Requirements for Newark
Does anyone know how many copies of documents I need? I have an appointment in October and don't know how many copies to make. Thanks!
- 24 Feb 2010, 21:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Newark NJ Consulate
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13491
Re: Newark NJ Consulate
No, I've never called Newark, but I suppose it's time I do. I went in August with my application and supporting paperwork. She said everything looked good and gave me a receipt. She said they'd contact me by mail for by phone with an appointment date. And so far.....nothing. I will call 973.643.1448 ...
- 23 Feb 2010, 21:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Newark NJ Consulate
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13491
Re: Newark NJ Consulate
I hate to beat a dead horse, but is it normal to wait 6 months JUST TO BE GIVEN AN APPOINTMENT? I have a receipt from their office, but have not received email, voicemail, snailmail....anything regarding APPOINTMENT DATE.
Thanks!
Thanks!
- 23 Feb 2010, 17:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Newark NJ Consulate
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13491
Re: Newark NJ Consulate
Thanks for your reply. Helped me a great deal. However - I'm still not warmed up to those women in Newark!
They made it sound like they'd call me in days when I hand-delivered my application. Feeling better that this is all to be expected.
They made it sound like they'd call me in days when I hand-delivered my application. Feeling better that this is all to be expected.
- 23 Feb 2010, 00:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Newark NJ Consulate
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13491
Newark NJ Consulate
Does anyone have suggestions about how to expedite things there? I submitted my application in August 09 but haven't heard anything. I'm assuming this is normal. . . .
Also, is there any way at all I can go to Italy to apply or is it the case that I must be a RESIDENT of Italy in order to submit ...
Also, is there any way at all I can go to Italy to apply or is it the case that I must be a RESIDENT of Italy in order to submit ...
- 23 Feb 2010, 00:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New Jersey Consulate Questions
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4354
Re: New Jersey Consulate Questions
Newark is horrible!
I know every consulate is different, but the woman told me to translate everything EXCEPT naturalization papers.
They never answer the phone so you have to print out the application form online and bring it in.
Expect rudeness!
I know every consulate is different, but the woman told me to translate everything EXCEPT naturalization papers.
They never answer the phone so you have to print out the application form online and bring it in.
Expect rudeness!
- 01 Sep 2009, 20:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Newark Application Requirements?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6866
Re: Newark Application Requirements?
Thanks - ELBA -
How long did has it taken in Newark? I just want to be sure they are still processing applications! From their website, they make it seem like there's a 5 year wait!
How long did has it taken in Newark? I just want to be sure they are still processing applications! From their website, they make it seem like there's a 5 year wait!
- 08 Aug 2009, 19:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Newark Application Requirements?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6866
Re: Newark Application Requirements?
That's what I thought, a genealogist is telling me neither require translations which I find a bit odd.
- 08 Aug 2009, 17:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Newark Application Requirements?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6866
Newark Application Requirements?
I just heard that the Newark Consulate, as well as the New York one, are no longer requiring translation of English documents into Italian. If so, great news!
Can anyone confirm this?
Can anyone confirm this?