Dear Sue,
that's very kind of you!
If I may I'd ask you to send all the names (not only the Italian ones) you met.
As I collected a great deal of infos about people living there I could possibly add something new for your records.
You may write to: niccozav@libero.it
Thank you in advance and have a ...
Search found 6 matches
- 13 Sep 2009, 12:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Assistance please
- Replies: 28
- Views: 22892
- 31 Aug 2009, 17:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Assistance please
- Replies: 28
- Views: 22892
Re: Assistance please
Should you need further help, I'd be happy to cooperate.
Wish you a nice evening
Paolo
Wish you a nice evening
Paolo
- 31 Aug 2009, 13:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Assistance please
- Replies: 28
- Views: 22892
Re: Assistance please
Thank you for your kindness and, please, take your time!
Will be happy to read you anytime.
PS "Bovigo" doesn't exist in Italy. It's probably about "Rovigo", a medium city located some 70 Miles east of Mantova which had, at those times, a heavy emigration.
Will be happy to read you anytime.
PS "Bovigo" doesn't exist in Italy. It's probably about "Rovigo", a medium city located some 70 Miles east of Mantova which had, at those times, a heavy emigration.
- 31 Aug 2009, 13:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Assistance please
- Replies: 28
- Views: 22892
Re: Assistance please
If you're looking for more detailed infos, you won't find them in the yearbook which, at page 69, only presents among all the active people in Tanga the following line:
"Bauunternehmer (which means building contractor): R. Gau; Jacob Tamé; Ugo Zanetti.
Nothing more.
May I ask you if the memoirs ...
"Bauunternehmer (which means building contractor): R. Gau; Jacob Tamé; Ugo Zanetti.
Nothing more.
May I ask you if the memoirs ...
- 31 Aug 2009, 12:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Assistance please
- Replies: 28
- Views: 22892
Re: Assistance please
Hi Paolo
Many thanks for this info. From the memoirs he was in Tanga before this time, first arriving around 1894. he did work as a contractor and also had sisal estates. Is the German East African yearbook available online as would love to see the relevant page? I'm afraid not. I had to buy it on ...
Many thanks for this info. From the memoirs he was in Tanga before this time, first arriving around 1894. he did work as a contractor and also had sisal estates. Is the German East African yearbook available online as would love to see the relevant page? I'm afraid not. I had to buy it on ...
- 31 Aug 2009, 10:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Assistance please
- Replies: 28
- Views: 22892
Re: Assistance please
Hi Suemsa,
I found this forum today. I'm not a relative of Ugo Zanetti but I'm deeply interested in Italians settled in the former German East Africa (the present Tanzania) from 1885 to 1918. What I can add to the discussion is that I came across (and bought) a cover sent from the USA addressed to ...
I found this forum today. I'm not a relative of Ugo Zanetti but I'm deeply interested in Italians settled in the former German East Africa (the present Tanzania) from 1885 to 1918. What I can add to the discussion is that I came across (and bought) a cover sent from the USA addressed to ...