Hi Kevynne,
I know a lot of the immigrants went to Mendoza, but that wasn't the sole location for Italian immigrants to settle in.
Do you know what occupation they were in? My husbands grandparents were farmers and had experience with grapes and wine in Italy, which is what they ended up doing ...
Search found 33 matches
- 24 May 2010, 01:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigrants to south america
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3402
- 23 May 2010, 21:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Birth Certificate Help
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3509
Italian Birth Certificate Help
Hi Everyone,
I am hoping there is someone out there that can help my husband and I.
Last year Sept. my husbands cousin in Milan forwarded my husbands request for the birth certificate of his grandfather and grandmother to Roccapalumba, Palermo.
Since then his cousin moved to Chile and when she ...
I am hoping there is someone out there that can help my husband and I.
Last year Sept. my husbands cousin in Milan forwarded my husbands request for the birth certificate of his grandfather and grandmother to Roccapalumba, Palermo.
Since then his cousin moved to Chile and when she ...
- 23 Nov 2009, 01:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Making Progress
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2967
Making Progress
I am so happy that my Husband and I are finally making some progress in obtaining copies of the documents required.
It wasn't an easy process I will tell you that.
As my husband has no living relatives with the dates for his paternal side we really had no information or help.
We flew to Mendoza ...
It wasn't an easy process I will tell you that.
As my husband has no living relatives with the dates for his paternal side we really had no information or help.
We flew to Mendoza ...
- 25 Oct 2009, 05:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can anyone translate a document
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3457
Can anyone translate a document
According to the Miami Consulate when my husband submits his documents for his citizenship application he will need to submit a copy of our marriage certificate.
Here in Cayman we do not have any translators that translate to Italian. However, I have many many Italian friends that live here. Would ...
Here in Cayman we do not have any translators that translate to Italian. However, I have many many Italian friends that live here. Would ...
- 25 Oct 2009, 03:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Death Certificates Argentina
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4047
Re: Death Certificates Argentina
Thanks Peter! Always appreciated 
- 24 Oct 2009, 20:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Death Certificates Argentina
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4047
Re: Death Certificates Argentina
Daniestereo
Si... Registro Civil es correcto. Muchas gracias por la informacion!
Usted sabe cuánto tiempo la espera está para una copia de un certificado? Mi marido y yo estaremos en Mendoza por una semana y necesitamos conseguir las copias de varios certificados y papeles de la naturalización ...
Si... Registro Civil es correcto. Muchas gracias por la informacion!
Usted sabe cuánto tiempo la espera está para una copia de un certificado? Mi marido y yo estaremos en Mendoza por una semana y necesitamos conseguir las copias de varios certificados y papeles de la naturalización ...
- 24 Oct 2009, 13:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Death Certificates Argentina
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4047
Death Certificates Argentina
I was wondering if anyone knew what the name of the Vital Statistics Office in Mendoza is called.
I am trying to see where we can get copies of my husbands grandparents death certificates along with their marriage certificate and any naturalization papers.
I have done loads of searches but just ...
I am trying to see where we can get copies of my husbands grandparents death certificates along with their marriage certificate and any naturalization papers.
I have done loads of searches but just ...
- 23 Oct 2009, 00:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What comes first... Translation or Apostile?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4077
Re: What comes first... Translation or Apostile?
Great! Thanks for the info I really appreciate it!!!
- 22 Oct 2009, 21:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Father's nationality is different
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2957
Re: Father's nationality is different
Thanks mler... your assumptions are correct!
We actually received a fax back from the consulate in Miami (YAYYY!) right before reading this post and they too said it doesn't matter.
We actually received a fax back from the consulate in Miami (YAYYY!) right before reading this post and they too said it doesn't matter.
- 22 Oct 2009, 21:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What comes first... Translation or Apostile?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4077
What comes first... Translation or Apostile?
Quick question...
Do I need to translate the documents first and them apostile them or apostile first and then translate?
Does the translation need to be apostiled?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Do I need to translate the documents first and them apostile them or apostile first and then translate?
Does the translation need to be apostiled?
Thanks in advance for your help!
- 21 Oct 2009, 12:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Father's nationality is different
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2957
Father's nationality is different
Hi All,
I was just informed by a friend that because my Husband was born in Chile and his father was born in Argentina that in order for my Husband to get Italian Citizenship my Husband needs to become Argentine or they need to Nationalize his father to become Chilean, even though he is not alive ...
I was just informed by a friend that because my Husband was born in Chile and his father was born in Argentina that in order for my Husband to get Italian Citizenship my Husband needs to become Argentine or they need to Nationalize his father to become Chilean, even though he is not alive ...
- 26 Sep 2009, 12:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Documents from the USA
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4124
Documents from the USA
Hi everyone,
My husband needs to get a copy of documents from his mother who currently lives in the USA to submit for his citizenship.
He needs a copy of the following:
Her Birth Certificate from Chile
Her Marriage Certificate
Her Divorce Certificate
Obviously we are not submitting the original ...
My husband needs to get a copy of documents from his mother who currently lives in the USA to submit for his citizenship.
He needs a copy of the following:
Her Birth Certificate from Chile
Her Marriage Certificate
Her Divorce Certificate
Obviously we are not submitting the original ...
- 26 Sep 2009, 03:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translator Help please
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6841
Re: Translator Help please
Thank you for your help! This is great news!
When I receive the documents I will post a thread!
When I receive the documents I will post a thread!
- 25 Sep 2009, 12:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Marriage Certificate/Divorce Papers
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2491
Marriage Certificate/Divorce Papers
So we have come upon a little snafoo. My husbands father apparently was not fully divorced when he married my husbands mother!!!
Will this work against my husbands case?
Will this work against my husbands case?
- 25 Sep 2009, 04:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translator Help please
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6841
Translator Help please
Has anyone had experience with translators in the following locations to refer?
Santiago de Chile
Mendoza, Argentina
We do not live there and are arranging for family to help collect the documents but they do not know where to send them for translation.
Your help is appreciated!
Grazie!
Santiago de Chile
Mendoza, Argentina
We do not live there and are arranging for family to help collect the documents but they do not know where to send them for translation.
Your help is appreciated!
Grazie!