Hi All,
I was just informed by a friend that because my Husband was born in Chile and his father was born in Argentina that in order for my Husband to get Italian Citizenship my Husband needs to become Argentine or they need to Nationalize his father to become Chilean, even though he is not alive.
I have tried calling the Miami Consular office as that is where my husband has his appointment but they never get back to me or tell me to refer to the website, which surprise surprise, I can not seem to find the answer for this.
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this.
Thank you!
Father's nationality is different
Re: Father's nationality is different
Absolutely untrue. As long as neither your husband or his father never renounced Italian citizenship the Italian line remains intact. I am assuming that your deceased father-in-law was born in Argentina to an Italian father and never naturalized in that or any other country before the birth of his son; your husband was born in Chile and never naturalized in any other country before 1992. If my assumptions are correct, your husband probably qualifies.
Re: Father's nationality is different
Thanks mler... your assumptions are correct!
We actually received a fax back from the consulate in Miami (YAYYY!) right before reading this post and they too said it doesn't matter.
We actually received a fax back from the consulate in Miami (YAYYY!) right before reading this post and they too said it doesn't matter.

