Search found 10 matches

by cyorio
16 Feb 2010, 13:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
Replies: 6
Views: 4315

Re: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino

Peter, Didn't mean to email you but to post to this site. Hit the wrong button...sorry.

Cathy
by cyorio
15 Feb 2010, 21:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
Replies: 6
Views: 4315

Re: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino

Thank you, Peter. I don't know when he arrived; not even sure of his DOB. I will check the site. Many thanks.

Cathy
by cyorio
15 Feb 2010, 16:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
Replies: 6
Views: 4315

Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino

Here I am again with another Fortino brother whom I can't find any information on. The people on this site have helped me so much with the others, I'm hoping for the same with Guiseppe. He couldn't get into the States so he settle d in Canada, Hamilton, Ontario, I think. I posted to the Canadian ...
by cyorio
12 Feb 2010, 02:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family of Carmen G. Fortino Donicci Inferiore, Calabria
Replies: 7
Views: 4980

Re: Family of Carmen G. Fortino Donicci Inferiore, Calabria

Thanks for the tip, Valarie...I'll check it out. This is a great site! Thanks for all the help.
by cyorio
11 Feb 2010, 11:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family of Carmen G. Fortino Donicci Inferiore, Calabria
Replies: 7
Views: 4980

Re: Family of Carmen G. Fortino Donicci Inferiore, Calabria

Thank you so much for the info on Bruno. Are you part of the Fortino family or are you like so many others on this site who just like to help people like me? :
by cyorio
11 Feb 2010, 02:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family of Carmen G. Fortino Donicci Inferiore, Calabria
Replies: 7
Views: 4980

Re: Family of Carmen G. Fortino Donicci Inferiore, Calabria

I would like info on his family in Italy. He was married to my husband's aunt, Lucy Yorio Fortino, who is still living (100 years old!). I'm interested in learning more about his parents and brothers. Would love to connect with famiy too! Thanks.
by cyorio
11 Feb 2010, 01:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family of Carmen G. Fortino Donicci Inferiore, Calabria
Replies: 7
Views: 4980

Family of Carmen G. Fortino Donicci Inferiore, Calabria

Looking for the family of Carmen G. Fortino born 10 Dec. 1903. Settled in Rochester, NY then Corning, NY. Brother Bruno and Joseph and one who settled in South America. Relatives in California who owned Fortino's winery. So many Fortinos! Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you. Cathy
by cyorio
07 Feb 2010, 18:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Yorio/Iorio family
Replies: 12
Views: 10508

Re: Yorio/Iorio family

Thank you, thank you! I searched for Yorio with an I but not with a J. I knew he came through Ellis Island so wondered why couldn't find him. I so much appreciate all your help. Are you part of the Yorio/Iorio/Jorio family?
by cyorio
07 Feb 2010, 17:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Yorio/Iorio family
Replies: 12
Views: 10508

Re: Yorio/Iorio family

Thanks for the information, Jim. I'll give it a try.
by cyorio
07 Feb 2010, 15:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Yorio/Iorio family
Replies: 12
Views: 10508

Yorio/Iorio family

I am researching my husband's family. His grandfather, Rosario Yorio, was born in Castelchevita (sp?) near Naples about 1883. He came to US around 1900 and settled first in Pennsylvania then Corning, NY. Married Giovannina Crisci. I am unable to find Ellis Island records or any other information ...