Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
Here I am again with another Fortino brother whom I can't find any information on. The people on this site have helped me so much with the others, I'm hoping for the same with Guiseppe. He couldn't get into the States so he settle d in Canada, Hamilton, Ontario, I think. I posted to the Canadian forum but have had no luck. I don't know much about him except that he married and had a son named Frank. Any advice on searching Canadian records? Thank to all who can help.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
Go to www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/022-908-e.html You did not indicate any year of arrival so I have no choice but to furnish you with the website for your research. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
Thank you, Peter. I don't know when he arrived; not even sure of his DOB. I will check the site. Many thanks.
Cathy
Cathy
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
There are only two Frank Fortino listed in Canada, One is in Oakville, Ontario 905-827-6151 and the other is 705-254-5427 in Saul Ste. Marie Ontario.
It mightbe worth your while to call them and see if they are his son Frank born in Canada.
If you want to see the listings go to www.numberway.com and it does the USA and/or Canada as well as other coutnries inthe world. =Peter=
It mightbe worth your while to call them and see if they are his son Frank born in Canada.
If you want to see the listings go to www.numberway.com and it does the USA and/or Canada as well as other coutnries inthe world. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
Peter, Didn't mean to email you but to post to this site. Hit the wrong button...sorry.
Cathy
Cathy
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
No problem., I am glad you found him as per our conversation. =Peter=
~Peter~
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Guiseppe (Joseph) Fortino
The Fortino family in Hamilton founded a chain of supermarkets that were eventually sold to Loblaws.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
