Search found 56 matches
- 05 Oct 2011, 23:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record Translation
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3416
Re: Death Record Translation
I think the person who wrote this had a very similar looking "z" and "g." Take a look at the record below the one I inquired about on the second image. 11 lines down on the left it says "dai registri deglio"... those g's look a lot like what is written in Lagone... I think it could be either a "z ...
- 05 Oct 2011, 21:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record Translation
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3416
Re: Death Record Translation
I believe it to be Langone as well as I found that name in several other records in the 1800s. There is nothing else similar enough to think otherwise at this point. I wonder if Mayor Michele Masini is related to my family...
Thanks so much!
Michelle
Thanks so much!
Michelle
- 05 Oct 2011, 17:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record Translation
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3416
Re: Death Record Translation
You guys are awesome. Was wondering if you can read the top part of the record more clearly. I saw the name Michele Masini at the top of the second page. I know that area generally talks about the municipality and officers and am wondering who this person is, as he might be worth investigating ...
- 04 Sep 2011, 04:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Req - Maria Giuseppa Capuozzo Birth
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1527
Re: Translation Req - Maria Giuseppa Capuozzo Birth
It looks like Michele is 23 to me. Ventitre?TriciaFierro wrote:Witnesses: Giuseppe de Vito, age 44, property owner and Michele ???, age 2?, property owner
- 03 Sep 2011, 16:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record Translation
- Replies: 1
- Views: 973
Death Record Translation
Hi again!
I love it when records start coming together! Can anyone help with this record? Again, I can read bits. Death record for Francesco Nasca, age 60?, parents Giuseppe and Anna Fontana, living at #42 Via Santa Caterina. I'm scouring this record for the name of his wife, whom I believe to be ...
I love it when records start coming together! Can anyone help with this record? Again, I can read bits. Death record for Francesco Nasca, age 60?, parents Giuseppe and Anna Fontana, living at #42 Via Santa Caterina. I'm scouring this record for the name of his wife, whom I believe to be ...
- 03 Sep 2011, 15:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record Translation
- Replies: 1
- Views: 886
Death Record Translation
Hello everyone,
I'd very much like your help with a death record. I believe this record is for the death of a child named Francescantonio Masini, parents Giuseppe and Rosaria Nasca. My ancestor has the same name and parents and I'm thinking after this child died they named their second child (my ...
I'd very much like your help with a death record. I believe this record is for the death of a child named Francescantonio Masini, parents Giuseppe and Rosaria Nasca. My ancestor has the same name and parents and I'm thinking after this child died they named their second child (my ...
- 03 Sep 2011, 05:31
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Peasant Farmers in Southern Italy
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8999
Re: Peasant Farmers in Southern Italy
Thanks for the references, everyone. It is much appreciated!
- 02 Aug 2011, 17:22
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Peasant Farmers in Southern Italy
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8999
Peasant Farmers in Southern Italy
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone can provide information, or point me in the right direction to obtain information about life as a contadino, peasant farmer, in southern Italy in the 1800s? My ancestors are from a small town called Marsico Nuovo, in Basilicata. It's mountainous and I know ...
I was wondering if anyone can provide information, or point me in the right direction to obtain information about life as a contadino, peasant farmer, in southern Italy in the 1800s? My ancestors are from a small town called Marsico Nuovo, in Basilicata. It's mountainous and I know ...
- 08 Jul 2011, 01:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record Translation
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3416
Death Record Translation
Hello All,
Yay, I have found a death record for Francesco Masini, Carmella Grasso's husband. This get's me another generation further back on this tree. I'd appreciate a translation.
Grazie!
Michelle
It is on two pages: Francesco Masini, bottom right of first image, top left of second image ...
Yay, I have found a death record for Francesco Masini, Carmella Grasso's husband. This get's me another generation further back on this tree. I'd appreciate a translation.
Grazie!
Michelle
It is on two pages: Francesco Masini, bottom right of first image, top left of second image ...
- 08 Jul 2011, 01:26
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1495
Re: Death Record
Thanks Marty. Does it happen to identify which town she is native of, or an address where the death occurred? I know they sometimes have that info.
Michelle
Michelle
- 07 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1495
Death Record
Hello Everyone,
Tessa helped translate a death record yesterday that indicated the death occurred in the next town over. I was curious about this, so I searched the records in the other town and found her death record there as well. I've attached it below. The handwriting is very difficult for me ...
Tessa helped translate a death record yesterday that indicated the death occurred in the next town over. I was curious about this, so I searched the records in the other town and found her death record there as well. I've attached it below. The handwriting is very difficult for me ...
- 07 Jul 2011, 02:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Records
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1952
Re: Translating Records
Ah, ok.
To clarify, does the age 45 refer to Carmella?
Thanks so much!
Thanks so much!
- 07 Jul 2011, 02:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Another Death Record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1339
Another Death Record
Hello everyone,
This death record is for Maria Masini and I'd love a translation.
Thank you!
Michelle
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5053 ... th1871.jpg
This death record is for Maria Masini and I'd love a translation.
Thank you!
Michelle
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5053 ... th1871.jpg
- 07 Jul 2011, 01:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Records
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1952
Re: Translating Records
Oh, Tessa, you are wonderful! This record is a gem. It not only gets me a generation further back in my tree, but suggests my family's roots stemmed in a neighboring town, which I had suspected. Milla Grazie!
Carmella Grasso and her husband Francesco Masini I believe lived in Marsico Nuovo, where I ...
Carmella Grasso and her husband Francesco Masini I believe lived in Marsico Nuovo, where I ...
- 07 Jul 2011, 01:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with birth records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1412
Re: Need help with birth records
Whoa, those are tough! I can only read a few numbers. Did that really say 1835? Wow, that's an old record! The wonderful people in this forum will surely be able to help you out—they are awesome! 