Hello Everyone,
Tessa helped translate a death record yesterday that indicated the death occurred in the next town over. I was curious about this, so I searched the records in the other town and found her death record there as well. I've attached it below. The handwriting is very difficult for me to understand, but I'm hoping it will provide a little more information and perhaps confirm why the death was recorded in two places. ?
Your help is appreciated.
Death of Carmella Grasso.
Here is the new record I have found from the town of Marsicovetere:
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8753 ... th1871.jpg
This is the original record I found in the town of Marsico Nuovo, which Tessa translated yesterday, if you'd like to reference it.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1433 ... th1871.jpg
Thanks so much!
Michelle
Death Record
Re: Death Record
1871 Jan 16th death of Carmela Grosso age 45 farmer daughter of Augustale Grosso and Rosa Votta??(vedovo widower) husband Francesco Masino
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
- autumn4680
- Rookie

- Posts: 56
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 03:59
Re: Death Record
Thanks Marty. Does it happen to identify which town she is native of, or an address where the death occurred? I know they sometimes have that info.
Michelle
Michelle
Re: Death Record
nope. just that she lived in that town.
mother was rosa votto.
mother was rosa votto.

