Unfortunately I wasn't able to reach the church in the week end. in fact I need a car to drive there... But I will try to do it ASAP!
Ste
Search found 7 matches
- 11 Oct 2010, 22:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chiavari Birth certificate
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3358
- 07 Oct 2010, 20:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chiavari Birth certificate
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3358
Re: Chiavari Birth certificate
I live 10km from Chiavari.
I'll print the doc you already have and try to talk to the priest this week end to see if he finds the record.
The only thing you need is a stamp by the Curia? I'll ask him for explainations!
Hope to help you
Ste
I'll print the doc you already have and try to talk to the priest this week end to see if he finds the record.
The only thing you need is a stamp by the Curia? I'll ask him for explainations!
Hope to help you
Ste
- 13 Aug 2010, 16:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Is it now over? - why am I unable to find these people?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5568
Re: Is it now over? - why am I unable to find these people?
The baptismal act is in Latin, so the name is Joseph, but he was Giuseppe, son of Bernardo and of Anna Maria Locascio.
He never used is Latin name while in Italy! Every official act would state him as Giuseppe.
The southern part of Italy as Civil Acts starting earlier, so you could just write to the ...
He never used is Latin name while in Italy! Every official act would state him as Giuseppe.
The southern part of Italy as Civil Acts starting earlier, so you could just write to the ...
- 13 Aug 2010, 15:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: question about liste di leva
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4645
Re: question about liste di leva
Hi!
I'm from Genova, Italy
The answer you got is probably from the Archivio Storico of Genova.
They probably tried to look for the name of your ancestor in the records they have.
If Giovanni Abba was born after 1866 in Genova, then you have to write to the "Ufficio di Stato Civile" of the Comune di ...
I'm from Genova, Italy
The answer you got is probably from the Archivio Storico of Genova.
They probably tried to look for the name of your ancestor in the records they have.
If Giovanni Abba was born after 1866 in Genova, then you have to write to the "Ufficio di Stato Civile" of the Comune di ...
- 08 Apr 2010, 22:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Reading this manifest
- Replies: 28
- Views: 14639
Re: Help Reading this manifest
I agree with Ada.uantiti wrote:Hi,
the father's first name is clearly Agostino and surname looks "Tifabene" but this name doesn't exist in Italy now, it could have been mispelled.
The step brother's first name is Arduino and surname could be Lentini.
Ada
- 08 Apr 2010, 22:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with an Italian name
- Replies: 14
- Views: 7120
Re: Help with an Italian name
Only remember the census page says that:
Lavigia is a male, and brother to the head of the family.
Don't think of Luigia as a girl!
I also think Luigi is a good guess of a bad spelling... but above there is a Louis, so why not here?
May be you should try to go back to the Italian records, or to a ...
Lavigia is a male, and brother to the head of the family.
Don't think of Luigia as a girl!
I also think Luigi is a good guess of a bad spelling... but above there is a Louis, so why not here?
May be you should try to go back to the Italian records, or to a ...
- 08 Apr 2010, 22:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: scalese
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8950
Re: scalese
I tried to find your surnames on the site gens.labo.net
It appears that both surnames are from the south of Italy (forget the area around Torino, beause it shows only that there were a lot of immigrants going to work there).
Cuccurullo is mainly from the area arond Naples, whereas Scalese families ...
It appears that both surnames are from the south of Italy (forget the area around Torino, beause it shows only that there were a lot of immigrants going to work there).
Cuccurullo is mainly from the area arond Naples, whereas Scalese families ...