That makes sense. I wasn't sure what the usual practice was during those years.
Thanks again!
Search found 14 matches
- 26 Jul 2010, 18:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Military discharge record needs translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5904
- 25 Jul 2010, 18:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Military discharge record needs translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5904
Re: Military discharge record needs translation
Wow! Thanks, Andrea.
It looks like he was recruited 17 Dec. 1932 and started his service 6 Mar 1933. But I am confused as to the meaning of the 1934 and thee 1938 dates. Is one of them a discharge date? Was he discharged in 1934, then recalled in 1938? Or are both simply a record of 2 times he was ...
It looks like he was recruited 17 Dec. 1932 and started his service 6 Mar 1933. But I am confused as to the meaning of the 1934 and thee 1938 dates. Is one of them a discharge date? Was he discharged in 1934, then recalled in 1938? Or are both simply a record of 2 times he was ...
- 24 Jul 2010, 23:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Military discharge record needs translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5904
Military discharge record needs translation
I have what I believe are the military discharge records for Henri Castain. It is 4 pages, and each had to be scanned in 2 parts (over-sized document). Half of page 3 and all of page 4 is printed text (as opposed to fill-in-the-blanks sections). I know it is a lot, but it would be great if I could ...
- 24 Jul 2010, 18:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to find military records from 1917
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2963
Re: How to find military records from 1917
Great! Thank you very much.
Cyndy
Cyndy
- 24 Jul 2010, 17:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to find military records from 1917
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2963
Re: How to find military records from 1917
Emile Castain was from St-Nicolas in Vallee d'Aoste. Would you have any contact info for the State Archives for that area?
- 24 Jul 2010, 16:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to find military records from 1917
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2963
How to find military records from 1917
I am looking for the military records for an ancestor, Emile Castain. Originally from St-Nicolas, he was stationed at Pallanza (en garnison a Pallanza) in 1917. Can someone point me to where military archives might be found?
Thanks.
Cyndy
Thanks.
Cyndy
- 27 May 2010, 22:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Military letter needs translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3405
Re: Military letter needs translation
Thanks Tessa78. I really appreciate the help.
Cyndy
Cyndy
- 24 May 2010, 16:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Military letter needs translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3405
Military letter needs translation
I have a letter which I think relates to my father-in-law's military service in Italy. I would like to get a complete translation if someone is willing.
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9158 ... letter.jpg
Thanks,
Cyndy
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9158 ... letter.jpg
Thanks,
Cyndy
- 19 May 2010, 00:27
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Benedictines in Aoste
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3673
Re: Benedictines in Aoste
Thanks for the links. I wondered what the RR. PP. stood for!
- 18 May 2010, 16:24
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Benedictines in Aoste
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3673
Benedictines in Aoste
My husband's father grew up in St. Nicholas, Aoste. He was educated by the Benedictines somewhere in the area. We believe he was sent to a monastery. The only specific reference we have to the place is written as: "RR. P.P. Benedictins de Cluny, Aoste, Italy". Does anyone know of such an institution ...
- 18 May 2010, 00:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need to translate unknown document
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4775
Re: Need to translate unknown document
My thanks to all who replied! I have been puzzling over this document for a while now. I would have never figured it out myself.
Cyndy
Cyndy
- 17 May 2010, 01:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need to translate unknown document
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4775
Re: Need to translate unknown document
The record is for my husband's father, who emigrated to the U.S. in Feb 1947. We have other documents which have a stamp from a French translator (he left Europe from France), perhaps things he needed to get a US visa. I have no idea what he would have wanted dismissed or nullified. Are there any ...
- 16 May 2010, 22:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need to translate unknown document
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4775
Re: Need to translate unknown document
Here is the link on imageshack ...
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8990 ... talian.png
Hope I did it right!
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8990 ... talian.png
Hope I did it right!
- 16 May 2010, 17:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need to translate unknown document
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4775
Need to translate unknown document
I just discovered this forum and hope someone can help me translate this document. It is not clear to me what type of document it is. I have a high-resolution scan in color if needed, but it is too big to post.
Thanks.
Thanks.