Where would I find info on making corrections to NYState civil records?
I don't see anything at the vital records site?
Search found 9 matches
- 25 Sep 2010, 03:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian apostille to use in U.S. court
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4287
- 24 Sep 2010, 05:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian apostille to use in U.S. court
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4287
Re: Italian apostille to use in U.S. court
[quote="johnnyonthespot"]
For what it is worth, I spent six months trying to get New York State to make several corrections to my mother's birth certificate
So did it take 6 mos but you were able to get it done? I ask bcs I will be doing the same thing for a NY death certificate.
For what it is worth, I spent six months trying to get New York State to make several corrections to my mother's birth certificate
So did it take 6 mos but you were able to get it done? I ask bcs I will be doing the same thing for a NY death certificate.
- 21 Sep 2010, 22:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Sending $ to Italy with request for documents
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1695
Sending $ to Italy with request for documents
I am writting to the town of Furnari, Sicily to request two birth certificates and a marriage certificate. I got help with the letter in the translation forum and it's ready to go. Here's my checklist of what to include with the letter:
photocopy of my id
international return postage certificate ...
photocopy of my id
international return postage certificate ...
- 21 Sep 2010, 22:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help: name changed between generations
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2652
Help: name changed between generations
My great grandfather Francesco Munafo went by Frank Munoff on some of his US documents although he never actually changed his name. He passed on this Americanized last name to all his children--the last name Munoff is on their birth certificates. To address this I had my grandfather write a letter ...
- 09 Sep 2010, 00:17
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation feedback--does this letter make sense?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2504
Translation feedback--does this letter make sense?
Could someone proof the letter below and give me feedback? I do not know Italian but I've compiled this letter to request two birth certificates and a marriage license from Italy.
Egregi Signori,
Il mio nome e’ E. M. Sono una cittadina Americana discendente da Italiani e sto cercando di ...
Egregi Signori,
Il mio nome e’ E. M. Sono una cittadina Americana discendente da Italiani e sto cercando di ...
- 08 Sep 2010, 22:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship application documents, esp Naturalization
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4548
Citizenship application documents, esp Naturalization
I have some questions about getting proper documentation for my citizenship application.
How do I know if I have the long form or vault copy of a NY state birth, death or marriage cert? My guess is that the birth cert is the long one since I’ve seen another version of it that was typed instead of ...
How do I know if I have the long form or vault copy of a NY state birth, death or marriage cert? My guess is that the birth cert is the long one since I’ve seen another version of it that was typed instead of ...
- 21 Jun 2010, 02:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Munafo in Furnari, Sicily?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3499
Re: Munafo in Furnari, Sicily?
- 20 Jun 2010, 22:06
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Furnari, Messina, Sicilia
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12414
Furnari, Messina, Sicilia
I'm interested in any information on the town of Furnari in the Messina region of Sicily. I'd like to find the moder-day locations of these addresses in Furnari: 4 Casalnuovo and 18 Rinazzo
The addresses are the family homes of my great grand father Francesco Munafo and great grand mother Carmela ...
The addresses are the family homes of my great grand father Francesco Munafo and great grand mother Carmela ...
- 20 Jun 2010, 21:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Munafo in Furnari, Sicily?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3499
Munafo in Furnari, Sicily?
I am doing research on the Munafos from Furnari, Sicily. I've been putting together an application for Italian citizenship and I would love to visit my relative's birth places and connect with any Munafo relatives in Sicily or any Munoff relatives in the US that have stories and info about the ...