I have tried email and writing to the mayor of Alcara Li Fusi with no luck.
I am trying to locate a street address in Alcara Li Fusi. The street address is 18 VIA CARCERI, Alcara Li Fusi. Possibility that it was renamed years ago.
Can anyone help me find a map with this street or the current ...
Search found 76 matches
- 21 Jun 2011, 05:59
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Alcara Li Fusi - Looking for street
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1259
- 21 Jun 2011, 05:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ships arrival manifest for Sicily and/or Italy
- Replies: 1
- Views: 832
Ships arrival manifest for Sicily and/or Italy
Is there an online site to search for records when ships arrived in Sicily's various ports? My great=great grandmothers brother left the USA (approx. 1935) and moved back to Sicily / Italy.
Thank you,
Tom
Thank you,
Tom
- 17 Jun 2011, 16:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3789
Re: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
Thanks Lucap.
I believe it states:
On 19th November 1810 ...(?)
Joseph Polizzi Pontius the child of Domenico and Angela
Pillizzieri, born yesterday, He was baptized by a priest infrascritto
Don Gaetano Romano licensed as above [specified]. godfather
Joseph Castellano, Giuseppe Romano midwife ...
I believe it states:
On 19th November 1810 ...(?)
Joseph Polizzi Pontius the child of Domenico and Angela
Pillizzieri, born yesterday, He was baptized by a priest infrascritto
Don Gaetano Romano licensed as above [specified]. godfather
Joseph Castellano, Giuseppe Romano midwife ...
- 16 Jun 2011, 23:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3789
Re: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
Hi Lucap,
Thank you for the translation.
I have uploaded another document that I want to make sure the translation is correct.
Baptismal Record of Joseph (Giuseppe) Ponzio Polizzi
son of Dominici and Angelg Pillizzari
Born 18th November 1810 and baptized on 19th of November 1810.
???? Joseph Ca ...
Thank you for the translation.
I have uploaded another document that I want to make sure the translation is correct.
Baptismal Record of Joseph (Giuseppe) Ponzio Polizzi
son of Dominici and Angelg Pillizzari
Born 18th November 1810 and baptized on 19th of November 1810.
???? Joseph Ca ...
- 07 Jun 2011, 21:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3789
Re: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
What about this file for translation.
What I got so far:
Death record of Domenico Polizzi, which states that he was buried at the Church of San Silvestro. Died October? 1819. Wife name is Angela Pellezzari?
Any help would be great.
Tom
What I got so far:
Death record of Domenico Polizzi, which states that he was buried at the Church of San Silvestro. Died October? 1819. Wife name is Angela Pellezzari?
Any help would be great.
Tom
- 07 Jun 2011, 20:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3789
Re: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
To my understanding the online translators are not a real good tool to use. Can anyone recommend any translating software that I can use?
- 04 Jun 2011, 05:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3789
Re: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
I switched to Babylon translation and this was the translation:
On day 25 of November 1710, indiction fourth. Filippo Polizzi, son of the spouses Giacomo and Silvestra Polizzi, was baptized in this parish church of Santa Lucia of the city of Troina from me, priest Don Onofrio Malaponte, assistant ...
On day 25 of November 1710, indiction fourth. Filippo Polizzi, son of the spouses Giacomo and Silvestra Polizzi, was baptized in this parish church of Santa Lucia of the city of Troina from me, priest Don Onofrio Malaponte, assistant ...
- 03 Jun 2011, 19:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3789
Re: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
Hi Lucap,
When I take your information and use the google trasnlator I get the following:
Latin to English
On the day the fourth and twentieth of November, 1710 indiction
Philip, the son of James Polizzi Polizzi and Sylvester in TEAM
was baptized in this parish of the Church of the Holy Lucy, of ...
When I take your information and use the google trasnlator I get the following:
Latin to English
On the day the fourth and twentieth of November, 1710 indiction
Philip, the son of James Polizzi Polizzi and Sylvester in TEAM
was baptized in this parish of the Church of the Holy Lucy, of ...
- 02 Jun 2011, 23:23
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3789
Polizzi - Translation Help on old Church Record
Hi Everyone,
I need some help with translating an old church record from Troina, Sicily.
I would attach the 2 documents - ne is the entire page and one is the detail part that I am interested in. But the attachments will not attached due to board attachment quota???? So follow the links:
http ...
I need some help with translating an old church record from Troina, Sicily.
I would attach the 2 documents - ne is the entire page and one is the detail part that I am interested in. But the attachments will not attached due to board attachment quota???? So follow the links:
http ...
- 10 May 2011, 19:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Translation of Baptismal Record - Polizzi
- Replies: 2
- Views: 984
Help with Translation of Baptismal Record - Polizzi
Can anyone help me with translating the attached baptismal record of Joseph Polizzi?
Thank you,
Tom
Thank you,
Tom
- 06 May 2011, 17:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2236
Re: Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
I'll add that to my list.
I have also thought:
Seraccita or Seranita or Saranniti
But no luck of finding any records. I did a quick search for Serauto and had no luck.
Tom
I have also thought:
Seraccita or Seranita or Saranniti
But no luck of finding any records. I did a quick search for Serauto and had no luck.
Tom
- 06 May 2011, 04:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2236
Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
I am researching my great-great grandmother Angela Valenti from Agira, Sicily. She married Phillip Valenti and they had 3 children (that I know of now) Calogero (Charles), Giuseppe (Joseph), Filippa (Fillipina or Phylis).
When Calogero (Charles) arrived in the U.S. in 1909 the ships manifest states ...
When Calogero (Charles) arrived in the U.S. in 1909 the ships manifest states ...
- 13 Apr 2011, 15:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maria SS. Assunta (Mother Church) in Troina - Need Help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1373
Re: Maria SS. Assunta (Mother Church) in Troina - Need Help
What I have done so far is that I replied to the email from the Diocese of Nicosia hoping they will be able to forward my request to the parish. I did change the original email to include the Baptismal record as you suggested. Hopefully I will get a response.
Tom
Gentile Sig. Rosario Rizzo ...
Tom
Gentile Sig. Rosario Rizzo ...
- 12 Apr 2011, 23:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Virzi from Alcara (Restifo, Bontempo, Mellino, DeVita)
- Replies: 12
- Views: 24253
Re: Virzi from Alcara (Restifo, Bontempo, Mellino, DeVita)
Hi,
I am hoping this post is still being monitored.
I am researching the Rundo family from Alcara Li Fusi and have found that I have ancestors with the last name of Bontempo and Restifo. Here is what I know...
Giuseppe Rundo married Maria Bontempo. There son was Vincenzo Rundo who married Anna ...
I am hoping this post is still being monitored.
I am researching the Rundo family from Alcara Li Fusi and have found that I have ancestors with the last name of Bontempo and Restifo. Here is what I know...
Giuseppe Rundo married Maria Bontempo. There son was Vincenzo Rundo who married Anna ...
- 12 Apr 2011, 18:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maria SS. Assunta (Mother Church) in Troina - Need Help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1373
Maria SS. Assunta (Mother Church) in Troina - Need Help
Does anyone have a contact at the Maria SS. Assunta in Troina? I am looking for an email address so that I can send an email to request a research in the Archives.
I was given a phone number 0935653431 from the Diocese of Nicosia. But unfortunetly I don't speak Italian. I have been using the Google ...
I was given a phone number 0935653431 from the Diocese of Nicosia. But unfortunetly I don't speak Italian. I have been using the Google ...