Thanks again, Tessa and Maestra. I think you are right, it must be Segni.
I looked at the death record and it looked like Segui to me too, then I thought maybe Sequi but didn't find anything listed on the map for that either.
Segni is quite close to Artena, so that has to be it.
You guys are the ...
Search found 9 matches
- 08 Aug 2010, 21:32
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Segui??
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3860
- 08 Aug 2010, 21:11
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Segui??
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3860
Segui??
I found my great-great grandmother's death record and it looks like it says she was "Nata in Segui" or born in Segui. I can't find a place called Segui anywhere in Italy. Is there such a place?
She died in Artena, which is about 40 km southeast of Rome.
Death record is here in case you want to ...
She died in Artena, which is about 40 km southeast of Rome.
Death record is here in case you want to ...
- 08 Aug 2010, 20:01
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: More Translation Help - death records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3220
Re: More Translation Help - death records
Tessa, thank you SO MUCH! This is a big help.
Looks like the third one is a different Antonio di Re than the one I'm looking for, but at least I know now... and your translations will be helpful to me to know which parts of that standard form have which information.
...back to the family ...
Looks like the third one is a different Antonio di Re than the one I'm looking for, but at least I know now... and your translations will be helpful to me to know which parts of that standard form have which information.
...back to the family ...
- 08 Aug 2010, 18:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: More Translation Help - death records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3220
More Translation Help - death records
I (think) I found the death records for my great-great grandparents. I'd be grateful for help with translations.
#1 - Angela Priori Morte
#2 - Aresenio Di Cori Morte
#3 - Antonio Di Re Morte
Thank you to everyone on these forums for always being so helpful!
#1 - Angela Priori Morte
#2 - Aresenio Di Cori Morte
#3 - Antonio Di Re Morte
Thank you to everyone on these forums for always being so helpful!
- 03 Aug 2010, 20:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3285
Re: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
Thank you, everyone. I have an Italian-speaking friend who is going to translate for me so I can send an email in Italian!
- 31 Jul 2010, 20:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with translation of birth records
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4791
Re: Need help with translation of birth records
I did some googling on my own and the street address listed for the Di Cori birth record must be Via dell'Arco Oscuro. That's a current street in Artena.
Thanks again for your help!
Thanks again for your help!
- 31 Jul 2010, 20:35
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with translation of birth records
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4791
Re: Need help with translation of birth records
Thank you, everyone! This has been very helpful.
If the relatives I am looking for went by Clemente Di Cori and Cesarina Di Re, do you think these are them? Is it likely that they were given multiple names and chose to use just one of them?
The birth years are pretty close to these records, and I ...
If the relatives I am looking for went by Clemente Di Cori and Cesarina Di Re, do you think these are them? Is it likely that they were given multiple names and chose to use just one of them?
The birth years are pretty close to these records, and I ...
- 31 Jul 2010, 19:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3285
Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
I will be in Italy in September and I am planning on going to the anagrafe office in Artena to try to find information about my family before they came to the U.S. in the early 1900s.
Are anagrafe offices typically open weekdays? I don't want to make the trek to town to find the office closed on ...
Are anagrafe offices typically open weekdays? I don't want to make the trek to town to find the office closed on ...
- 31 Jul 2010, 18:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with translation of birth records
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4791
Need help with translation of birth records
Hello. I found my great-grandparents birth records on microfilm through the LDS Family History Search Center. I printed them out and scanned them in, so hopefully the quality is good enough for someone to help me with these. It might be easier for someone who speaks Italian and has some idea of what ...