I will be in Italy in September and I am planning on going to the anagrafe office in Artena to try to find information about my family before they came to the U.S. in the early 1900s.
Are anagrafe offices typically open weekdays? I don't want to make the trek to town to find the office closed on the particular day I'm there.
I've looked online and have found the address and phone number, but no info about hours/days of the week. I guess I could call, but I don't speak much Italian, so I would have to luck into an English speaker.
Thought I would ask here in case there's some standard days that they aren't open like some of the museums.
Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
- MissInternet
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 31 Jul 2010, 18:35
- Location: Evanston, IL
Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
Looking for information on Di Cori and Di Re in Artena and for information on Vuocolo and Iannarella in Colliano.
Re: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
http://www.artena.wli.it/
Here's a very nice website with photos of the town. I am actually searching to see if the town has an official website which would give you the hours of anagrafe office.
Here's a very nice website with photos of the town. I am actually searching to see if the town has an official website which would give you the hours of anagrafe office.
Re: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
http://www.officine.it/artena/index.html
This website has addresses and there is a place to send an email. Maybe you can do that to see if you can find out the hours the anagrafe office there is open. Normally these offices are not open all day, and the hours probably vary from one town to the next.
This website has addresses and there is a place to send an email. Maybe you can do that to see if you can find out the hours the anagrafe office there is open. Normally these offices are not open all day, and the hours probably vary from one town to the next.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
www.tuttitalia.it/lazio/36-artena is website for town. There are only 250 inhabitants so I would either call or e-mail the town website.
The telephone directory for Artena is www.paginebianche.it so just put in anagrafe on the left and Artena on the right and click trova. (or put in a family name and say hello). =Peter=
The telephone directory for Artena is www.paginebianche.it so just put in anagrafe on the left and Artena on the right and click trova. (or put in a family name and say hello). =Peter=
~Peter~
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
Most anagrafe offices are open from 8am to 11am or 12 noon or even 2pm. and one or two afternoon from 3:30pm to 6pm. They are often closed one day to the public.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
- MissInternet
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 31 Jul 2010, 18:35
- Location: Evanston, IL
Re: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
Thank you, everyone. I have an Italian-speaking friend who is going to translate for me so I can send an email in Italian!
Looking for information on Di Cori and Di Re in Artena and for information on Vuocolo and Iannarella in Colliano.