Search found 8 matches
- 08 Mar 2011, 18:09
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1702
Re: villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
Thank you. I'll write to the churches in Soverato and Catanzarno to see if I can find anything.
- 07 Mar 2011, 06:54
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1702
Re: villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
Thank you. I found the district, but Is there any history on why it was named that? This is what I'm having trouble finding. All I have is that it is linked to either Soverato or Satriano. I have been searching for weeks and I have found nothing.
- 07 Mar 2011, 01:23
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1702
villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
My grandfather was adopted by a family in Naples, or Salerno, so we were told and given their last name. When i was doing some searching for our surname in Italy(Ferrizzi), I came up with no matches at all(cognome non trovato), except for a matching for a small village, or area in Calabria called ...
- 21 Oct 2010, 01:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: passengener listing for ferrizzi
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3386
Re: passengener listing for ferrizzi
No luck on Ferruzzi. Our name is definitely Ferrizzi. All Ferrizzi's that i found arrived at Elis Island between 1898 adn 1913. Too early to be Grandpop or any of his friends. I did find a Franzo Ferrizzi that could be a relation, but no ship record, or census record for that matter. All this so I ...
- 19 Oct 2010, 22:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: passengener listing for ferrizzi
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3386
Re: passengener listing for ferrizzi
Valerie:
Thanks!
I'm not sure. I have found Ferrizzi, Ferisi, Ferrissi, Ferris, etc. So many spellings. There are immigration listings for 6 or 7 different Ferrizz's that sailed into Ellis Island. I know that this surname is not a common one, but these people could have been family. I think it is ...
Thanks!
I'm not sure. I have found Ferrizzi, Ferisi, Ferrissi, Ferris, etc. So many spellings. There are immigration listings for 6 or 7 different Ferrizz's that sailed into Ellis Island. I know that this surname is not a common one, but these people could have been family. I think it is ...
- 19 Oct 2010, 21:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: passengener listing for ferrizzi
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3386
Re: passengener listing for ferrizzi
Yes, that is when he married my grandmom anna.
I have a lot of information on my grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. The only thing I do not have are listings of Grandpop's ship, if he had any siblings, who his parents were.
He was orphaned at birth and left at a convent. The nuns named him Sabato ...
I have a lot of information on my grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. The only thing I do not have are listings of Grandpop's ship, if he had any siblings, who his parents were.
He was orphaned at birth and left at a convent. The nuns named him Sabato ...
- 19 Oct 2010, 20:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: passengener listing for ferrizzi
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3386
Re: passengener listing for ferrizzi
Grandpop Sabato was born jul 12 1893.
I am sure that these men traveled together.
My father said that Grandpop told him about leaving Italy with his friends so they could start a furniture business in America.
All 4 of them would have been teenagers, or in their early 20's.
I do not have ...
I am sure that these men traveled together.
My father said that Grandpop told him about leaving Italy with his friends so they could start a furniture business in America.
All 4 of them would have been teenagers, or in their early 20's.
I do not have ...
- 19 Oct 2010, 20:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: passengener listing for ferrizzi
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3386
passengener listing for ferrizzi
Hello.
I recently just found out that my grandfather, Sabato Ferrizzi was traveling with 3 of his friends. They all came from Salerno (montecorvino-rovella possibly), and all settled in the same neighborhood in philadelphia, around 21st & clearfield sts.
The names are:
Sabato Ferrizzi
Guiseppe ...
I recently just found out that my grandfather, Sabato Ferrizzi was traveling with 3 of his friends. They all came from Salerno (montecorvino-rovella possibly), and all settled in the same neighborhood in philadelphia, around 21st & clearfield sts.
The names are:
Sabato Ferrizzi
Guiseppe ...