My grandfather was adopted by a family in Naples, or Salerno, so we were told and given their last name. When i was doing some searching for our surname in Italy(Ferrizzi), I came up with no matches at all(cognome non trovato), except for a matching for a small village, or area in Calabria called Contrada-Ferrizzi. I can't tell if this is a village or just one street. Even looking on Google Earth is confusing.
I'm thinking maybe there is a small chance that my Grandfather was given this name, because his mother was from here, but that would leave so many questions open, like why would she go to Naples, and who was she?
Any information about Contrada-Ferrizzi would be a big help in my research.
villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
In Satriano (Province Catanzaro) there is a district called Contrada Ferrizzi.
Re: villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
Thank you. I found the district, but Is there any history on why it was named that? This is what I'm having trouble finding. All I have is that it is linked to either Soverato or Satriano. I have been searching for weeks and I have found nothing.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
I have no clue 
Re: villiage of Contrada-Ferrizzi
Thank you. I'll write to the churches in Soverato and Catanzarno to see if I can find anything.
