Search found 27 matches
- 27 Oct 2013, 15:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
Re: City in Messina Province, Sicily
Thanks Marty! I will send off the email today, and will let you know if I have any success.
- 27 Oct 2013, 06:39
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
Re: City in Messina Province, Sicily
I don't remember if the marriage/allegati records went as far back as 1868- I don't think they did, and I am pretty sure that I checked death records from 1899 to 1910 or as far forward as I could, since they were alive at the time of his marriage. I even checked to see if I could find any possible ...
- 27 Oct 2013, 04:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
Re: City in Messina Province, Sicily
I don't think that I obtained either the Bann or the Marriage Act online, I believe I ordered the microfilm from the LDS Library/Family History Center. The attached marriage bann document is of very poor quality, but the date of the record is 6 Feb 1899, it lists him as 30 years old, and his surname ...
- 27 Oct 2013, 02:15
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
Re: City in Messina Province, Sicily
The info you found above was actually for a friend's family who I have been helping to research her family roots because there wasn't much that was known beyond the US records until I got curious and did some digging. At the very top of my list is my great great grandfather Emidio Ciccone; who ...
- 27 Oct 2013, 01:43
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
Re: City in Messina Province, Sicily
Thanks - interesting site. Going to run a few more names through the search engine for Sicily and Abruzzo that have been giving me some headaches!
- 26 Oct 2013, 19:53
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
Re: City in Messina Province, Sicily
Marty, you definitely are a Maestro! Thanks again, I knew about foundlings but never heard about the wheels, reading up on it now.
http://www.conigliofamily.com/Foundlings.htm
http://www.conigliofamily.com/Foundlings.htm
- 26 Oct 2013, 19:19
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
Re: City in Messina Province, Sicily
Thanks Marty! I have spent hours and days on Familysearch, flipping through pages upon pages of Messina records, but was concentrating mostly on Pagliara and Roccalumera. This is almost definitely the Nunziato I was looking for, because he had a daughter named Agatha, and a daughter named Julia.
- 26 Oct 2013, 17:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
Re: City in Messina Province, Sicily
Thank you very much! I will check it out.
Shelley Di Salvo
Shelley Di Salvo
- 24 Sep 2013, 04:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
- 24 Sep 2013, 04:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Ship manifest help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1513
- 23 Sep 2013, 02:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: female occupation "Filandera E Fariera"
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1676
Re: female occupation "Filandera E Fariera"
Very interesting! Thanks!
- 22 Sep 2013, 22:01
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Ship manifest help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1513
Ship manifest help
I certainly seem to need a lot of help lately with deciphering words, and again - thank you in advance! I always recommend this website to people researching their Italian Heritage.
So, here is my latest dilemma:
Can someone confirm that the occupation for the person listed on line #1 of this ...
So, here is my latest dilemma:
Can someone confirm that the occupation for the person listed on line #1 of this ...
- 22 Sep 2013, 21:08
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: City in Messina Province, Sicily
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8574
City in Messina Province, Sicily
I am not sure if this is just a translation problem or butcher job on a spelling, or this is a town that no longer exists or was incorporated into another town. The best that I can make of the attached US WWI draft registration card as the place of birth as "Alesco Priore?" Messina, Italy (Sicily ...
- 22 Sep 2013, 20:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: female occupation "Filandera E Fariera"
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1676
female occupation "Filandera E Fariera"
Asking for assistance in deciphering/translating the occupation listed as "Filandera E Fariera" found on an LDS/familysearch.org index record - it could be transcribed incorrectly from the original Death Act of a female who died in the year 1821 in Grotte, Agrigento, Sicily. I expect to be ordering ...
- 19 Sep 2013, 02:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help w/mother of the bride name
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2214
Re: need help w/mother of the bride name
Another question regarding this same document and "Maddalena" - I am understanding that the groom's parents are both deceased, but what does "in vito" in front of the bride's mother's city mean? I always thought that this meant "in life" as if it were implying that she would now be deceased, or does ...