Asking for assistance in deciphering/translating the occupation listed as "Filandera E Fariera" found on an LDS/familysearch.org index record - it could be transcribed incorrectly from the original Death Act of a female who died in the year 1821 in Grotte, Agrigento, Sicily. I expect to be ordering the microfilm so I can examine the document.
Thanks in Advance!
female occupation "Filandera E Fariera"
Re: female occupation "Filandera E Fariera"
La filanderia was a weaver. Here's a photo of the equipment-3sunshine wrote:Asking for assistance in deciphering/translating the occupation listed as "Filandera E Fariera" found on an LDS/familysearch.org index record - it could be transcribed incorrectly from the original Death Act of a female who died in the year 1821 in Grotte, Agrigento, Sicily. I expect to be ordering the microfilm so I can examine the document.
Thanks in Advance!
http://www.foto-sicilia.it/foto.cfm?idf ... ografo=198
Erudita
Re: female occupation "Filandera E Fariera"
Very interesting! Thanks!

