Search found 70 matches

by Congemi
29 Aug 2012, 00:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pietro Lipari, b. 1841, Palermo - need help w/ record search
Replies: 14
Views: 3695

Re: Pietro Lipari, b. 1841, Palermo - need help w/ record se

SFWILM It has been my experience with the Palermo birth records as well as marriage,from more than one sezione,they will be the documents. With some you are lucky enough to find an index usually at the end of each year. Indexes can be hit & miss.Tana

PS Thanks Marty if I had thought to go back to ...
by Congemi
28 Aug 2012, 00:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pietro Lipari, b. 1841, Palermo - need help w/ record search
Replies: 14
Views: 3695

Re: Pietro Lipari, b. 1841, Palermo - need help w/ record se

What is the film number & sezione? I will take a look to see if I can help. Tana
by Congemi
26 Mar 2012, 16:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Priest in Baptism record
Replies: 1
Views: 1100

Priest in Baptism record

I assume this entry concerns the Priests. Would appreciate someone explaining what it is stating.
Thank you,
Tana



http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6821 ... annaca.jpg
by Congemi
26 Mar 2012, 15:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 1767 Baptism record
Replies: 3
Views: 1393

Re: 1767 Baptism record

Thank you again Pippo. You have helped me a number of times and I am most appreciative.
Hope all is well,
Tana
by Congemi
25 Mar 2012, 23:13
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 1767 Baptism record
Replies: 3
Views: 1393

1767 Baptism record

Would appreciate help with this 1767 Baptism record from Chiesa cattolica. Santa Maria Nuova (Monreale). I know the child's name & his parents but there is some confusion abt the date as the date written above the record is the 23rd but in the index, which was created sometime later, states the 24th ...
by Congemi
16 Mar 2012, 23:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
Replies: 6
Views: 1894

Re: Please help 2 Baptism rec.

Thanks Livio. Enjoy your weekend.
Tana
by Congemi
16 Mar 2012, 15:51
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
Replies: 6
Views: 1894

Re: Please help 2 Baptism rec.

Livio,
Thank you for helping with the details. I appreciate the time you give to all of us on this site. I imagine I can assume that it is meant that Anna Galati is sister to Laurenzio & not an aunt to Anna. Would it not state that she was her Aunt? Something else, given Anna Bosano's name would you ...
by Congemi
16 Mar 2012, 01:27
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
Replies: 6
Views: 1894

Re: Please help 2 Baptism rec.

Thank you Rancelli for responding. You are right it is rather tough.
Tana
by Congemi
15 Mar 2012, 23:54
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
Replies: 6
Views: 1894

Please help 2 Baptism rec.

Would appreciate help with spelling of a few names.
As always, I would be grateful for any help with these documents.
Tana
1st image
Name: Josepha Maria Angela Benedicia Bosano
Date: 7 Feb 1800
Parents: Heironymo Bosano & Matthea di Frisco
Godparents: Josepha (?) di Frisco & Margharita ...
by Congemi
06 Mar 2012, 17:27
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with 1813 church death entry
Replies: 4
Views: 1743

Re: Help with 1813 church death entry

Thank you Livio. I greatly appreciate your response.
Tana
by Congemi
06 Mar 2012, 14:52
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with 1813 church death entry
Replies: 4
Views: 1743

Re: Help with 1813 church death entry

Lucap,
La ringrazio molto per la trascrizione della chiesa. Ho usato un programma di traduzione:

If You can help you place the transcription in italian.
Die 20 dicto
Gabriele son delli quondam Onofrio and Elizabeth Can- gemi years 55 ... of Monreale having received the sacrament of Penance by ...
by Congemi
06 Mar 2012, 04:32
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with 1813 church death entry
Replies: 4
Views: 1743

Help with 1813 church death entry

This is the church death entry for Gabriele Cangemi Nov 20, 1813. I know that his parents were Onofrio & Elisabetta Cancemi/Cangemi. And that sums up what I can manage. Does this record possibly state where he died, burial or any other important information. Seems as if the Priest used a lot of ...
by Congemi
06 Mar 2012, 02:31
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with 1758 Baptism record
Replies: 3
Views: 1416

Re: Help with 1758 Baptism record

To Pippo & Lucap,
Thank you so much for helping with the translation. Now it is on to his death recorded in the church records.
Tana
by Congemi
05 Mar 2012, 21:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with 1758 Baptism record
Replies: 3
Views: 1416

Help with 1758 Baptism record

I would greatly appreciate help with this baptism record
Gabriele Antonino Giovanni Cancemi
baptised Jan 29,1758
s/o Onofrio & Elisabetta Cancemi
Record from Monreale, Sicily

Now does it state if Jan 29 is the day of his birth?
godparents?
Anything else of importance?
Thank you,
Tana



http ...
by Congemi
02 Mar 2012, 04:26
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Confused, which film to order
Replies: 2
Views: 1676

Re: Confused, which film to order

Marty,
Thank you for your response. I sometimes think I'm a complete dunce and researching Sicily isn't making me think any better of myself. Truth is I printed out the complete list (35 pgs many double sided) of civil records for Palermo some months ago when I grew tired of scrolling through page ...