Would appreciate help with spelling of a few names.
As always, I would be grateful for any help with these documents.
Tana
1st image
Name: Josepha Maria Angela Benedicia Bosano
Date: 7 Feb 1800
Parents: Heironymo Bosano & Matthea di Frisco
Godparents: Josepha (?) di Frisco & Margharita ?????
Questions:
What is the word & it’s meaning following the infants name?
What is the meaning of the abbreviation between the Godparents names & the spelling of Margharita’s surname?
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6710 ... 800001.jpg
2nd image
Name: Anna Lau????? Francesca Paola Bosano
Date: 28 April 1902
Parents: Girolamo Bosano & Matthia Frisco
Godparents: Francesco (?) Lau????? Galeri (?) & Anna Galeri (?)
What is the meaning of the word following Anna Galeri’s name
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6766 ... 001001.jpg
Please help 2 Baptism rec.
Re: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
These are tough I'm sure someone could answer your questions. I think Anna's last name might be Laurenza on image 2.
Re: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
Thank you Rancelli for responding. You are right it is rather tough.
Tana
Tana
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
My two cents:
1st image
Name: Josepha Maria Angela Benedicta Bosano
Date: 7 Feb 1800
Parents: Hieronymo Bosano & Matthea de Fresco
Godparents: Josepha de Fresco & Margharita d'Arpa
Questions:
What is the meaning of the abbreviation between the Godparents names & the spelling of Margharita’s surname? "Jug"="Jugalis"="Spouses"
2nd image
Name: Anna Laurenzia Francesca Paola Bosano
Date: 28 April 1802 (born the 27)
Parents: Girolamo Bosano & Matthia Frisco
Godparents: Laurenzio Galati & Anna Galati
What is the meaning of the word following Anna Galeri’s name "Soror"="Sister"
1st image
Name: Josepha Maria Angela Benedicta Bosano
Date: 7 Feb 1800
Parents: Hieronymo Bosano & Matthea de Fresco
Godparents: Josepha de Fresco & Margharita d'Arpa
Questions:
What is the meaning of the abbreviation between the Godparents names & the spelling of Margharita’s surname? "Jug"="Jugalis"="Spouses"
2nd image
Name: Anna Laurenzia Francesca Paola Bosano
Date: 28 April 1802 (born the 27)
Parents: Girolamo Bosano & Matthia Frisco
Godparents: Laurenzio Galati & Anna Galati
What is the meaning of the word following Anna Galeri’s name "Soror"="Sister"
Re: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
Livio,
Thank you for helping with the details. I appreciate the time you give to all of us on this site. I imagine I can assume that it is meant that Anna Galati is sister to Laurenzio & not an aunt to Anna. Would it not state that she was her Aunt? Something else, given Anna Bosano's name would you think that there is some kind of close tie to the family? I am not familiar with the custom of the time period as to how/why Godparents are chosen.
Thank you again,
Tana
Thank you for helping with the details. I appreciate the time you give to all of us on this site. I imagine I can assume that it is meant that Anna Galati is sister to Laurenzio & not an aunt to Anna. Would it not state that she was her Aunt? Something else, given Anna Bosano's name would you think that there is some kind of close tie to the family? I am not familiar with the custom of the time period as to how/why Godparents are chosen.
Thank you again,
Tana
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
I'm glad to help!
About your questions:
-Anna & Lorenzo were siblings.
-Unfortunately I don't know how Godparents werechise.
About your questions:
-Anna & Lorenzo were siblings.
-Unfortunately I don't know how Godparents werechise.
Re: Please help 2 Baptism rec.
Thanks Livio. Enjoy your weekend.
Tana
Tana

