Search found 10 matches
- 21 Feb 2012, 01:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Where to Locate a Birth Certificate
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3948
Re: Where to Locate a Birth Certificate
Yes, I have this document. The mystery remains around the name Mottola (we are registered as Mattalo although I am certain this is incorrect). The records from Pietro's arrival to Canada are very clear but the whereabouts of his family prior to his arrival as a passenger with Nicolina Fisico (Marino ...
- 19 Feb 2012, 23:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Where to Locate a Birth Certificate
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3948
Re: Where to Locate a Birth Certificate
Thank you. I am Michael Mattalo (brothers Wayne and Peter). I used to live in the Soo. Here is the puzzle I am trying to solve. I know that my grandfather, Peter (or Pietro) Mattalo (who we believe for certain now his surname was really Mottola), was adopted by the Marino's (Frank Marino) . . . but ...
- 22 Dec 2010, 11:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10007
Re: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
So now I am stumped - if the records show my grandfather emigrated to Canada via NY under his adopted mother's name (Fisico) and her husband (Marino), does anyone have any ideas / suggestions how I would track the surname he used or was married under which is Mattola or my current suname Mattalo ...
- 13 Dec 2010, 02:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10007
Re: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
Jennabet . . . what is incredibly fascinating is that we have a naturally gifted talent in music . . . I won;t say prodigy . . . just a combo of music talent and natural music talent . . . who knows . . . I am not reaching that far . . .
I just want to know where my grandpa came from . . .
I just want to know where my grandpa came from . . .
- 13 Dec 2010, 02:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10007
Re: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
Yowza . . . I better polish up my singing . . . LOL
- 13 Dec 2010, 01:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10007
Re: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
Based on what I know, he was 17 when he landed in NY. The real gap for me is the surname Mattalo (my current name), Mattola, Mottola, Mottolo . . . which is many variations he assumed based on the records. You haev no idea how much this means to me . . . it has been a decades long search!
So, I ...
So, I ...
- 12 Dec 2010, 21:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10007
Re: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
Thanks VJ - great find ont eh ship record. How could I reconcile the surname Mattola on his marriage certification though when he arrived under the surname Marino? What is very surprising as well is the indication that there were two siblings travelling under the Marino name as well ...
- 12 Dec 2010, 16:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10007
Re: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
Hi Johnnie, yes, I am a member and this is where I am getting this source info from. I am just stumped b/c I cannot locate the ship records anywhere.
- 12 Dec 2010, 16:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Where to Locate a Birth Certificate
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3948
Where to Locate a Birth Certificate
Hello all - I am trying to find out where to locate a record based on a reference to Documentation number from a Jan 26, 1944 border crossing at Sault Ste. Marie Michigan for my grandfather (Pietro Mottola). Teh documentation reference number is hand-written as B.C.C. #859245.
Any thoughts ...
Any thoughts ...
- 12 Dec 2010, 16:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10007
Stumped on Locating the Record of a Passenger Ship
I am new to this forum, but have been on a decades long search for my paternal grandfather's family - my surname is Mattalo, but I have reason to believe his was originally Mattola, Mottola, or even Mottolo.
I have a border crossing record for Pietro Mattola from January 26, 1944 at Sault Ste ...
I have a border crossing record for Pietro Mattola from January 26, 1944 at Sault Ste ...