Thank you for the thoughts and advice!
I have a few updates:
1) I have researched in detail the naturalization of my 3xGGF and it actually appears he never naturalized. In the state he was from ( Mississippi ) there exist extremely detailed records from two different sources ( the LDS Micro Films ...
Search found 16 matches
- 21 Jan 2011, 17:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
- 20 Jan 2011, 21:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Hey All,
I have continued to research the 1912 law and it seems this is a wide spread interpretation of the 1912 regulation amendments. However, it is just that: an interpretation.
It seems that some ( and as of recent more than some ) take this as meaning starting July 1st 1912 is when your ...
I have continued to research the 1912 law and it seems this is a wide spread interpretation of the 1912 regulation amendments. However, it is just that: an interpretation.
It seems that some ( and as of recent more than some ) take this as meaning starting July 1st 1912 is when your ...
- 20 Jan 2011, 16:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Hey kontessa,
Thanks for this information! I will certainly research the optimal location to file the application once it is ready. My plan is get all the documents, and then some, ready as well as consult with folks who have done this before at the same comune and make sure any known potential ...
Thanks for this information! I will certainly research the optimal location to file the application once it is ready. My plan is get all the documents, and then some, ready as well as consult with folks who have done this before at the same comune and make sure any known potential ...
- 19 Jan 2011, 21:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Grazie!
ForzaItaliaPgh wrote:In bocca del lupo! (Italian for "break a leg" lit. "In the Wolf's Mouth) Good Luck.
- 18 Jan 2011, 23:20
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
mler and ForzaItaliaPgh, thanks fore the information regarding applying in Italy. I plan on taking some sort of Italian Language course and residing in Italy during this process so this just reaffirms my desire to do that =)
Update on my findings:
I found a post on Ancestry.com ( http://boards ...
Update on my findings:
I found a post on Ancestry.com ( http://boards ...
- 18 Jan 2011, 16:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Update re 3xGGGF birthplace:
I was able to find this very insightful website: http://www.piccioli.com/genealogia/search.php
It seems Vincenzo may not have been a common of a first name for Ghetti's in the early 1800's but what you can see on that link and select both Individual and Family names ...
I was able to find this very insightful website: http://www.piccioli.com/genealogia/search.php
It seems Vincenzo may not have been a common of a first name for Ghetti's in the early 1800's but what you can see on that link and select both Individual and Family names ...
- 18 Jan 2011, 15:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Thank you both for these resources as this will certainly help me in narrowing down my search!
This forum is amazing and its members speak to this!
This forum is amazing and its members speak to this!
- 18 Jan 2011, 15:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Hey johnnyonthespot,
I appreciate your providing this information in this thread. Based off all of my research and conversations with others who have also gone through his process this is the interpretation I understand as well.
It seems some may have encountered resistance from particular ...
I appreciate your providing this information in this thread. Based off all of my research and conversations with others who have also gone through his process this is the interpretation I understand as well.
It seems some may have encountered resistance from particular ...
- 18 Jan 2011, 15:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Thanks again for this information sforza!
FYI = Coming at it from an aerial view, so to speak, most Ghetti's in Italy today are in Northern Italy, the overwhelming density being in Emilia Romagna, particularly in the provinces of FC (Forli-Casena) and RA (Ravenna). There are no Italians using the ...
FYI = Coming at it from an aerial view, so to speak, most Ghetti's in Italy today are in Northern Italy, the overwhelming density being in Emilia Romagna, particularly in the provinces of FC (Forli-Casena) and RA (Ravenna). There are no Italians using the ...
- 18 Jan 2011, 07:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Hey Sforza,
Thanks for the response! Regarding the consulate of choice, I plan on going to Italy to file, and follow up with, all documents so I will be doing it all there.
Currently I have not located a document that list his birth city. My father is digging through family archives to see if we ...
Thanks for the response! Regarding the consulate of choice, I plan on going to Italy to file, and follow up with, all documents so I will be doing it all there.
Currently I have not located a document that list his birth city. My father is digging through family archives to see if we ...
- 18 Jan 2011, 07:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Debating whether to quit my quest for Italian citizenship
- Replies: 20
- Views: 9130
Re: Debating whether to quit my quest for Italian citizenshi
I agree with Drew, Too far to turn back!
- 18 Jan 2011, 06:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Update:
I was able to find a Micro Film that is labeled "Index to naturalization records Mississippi courts, 1798-1906. prepared by Old Law Naturalization Records Project, Division of Community Service Programs, Work Project Administration" on familysearch.org
My 3xGGF came to Mississippi from ...
I was able to find a Micro Film that is labeled "Index to naturalization records Mississippi courts, 1798-1906. prepared by Old Law Naturalization Records Project, Division of Community Service Programs, Work Project Administration" on familysearch.org
My 3xGGF came to Mississippi from ...
- 18 Jan 2011, 05:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Thanks for the reply Mler.
Regarding the 1880 Cenus it does not state whether or not they were an Alien just their birthplace and the birth place of their parents. In my 3xGGF case it is all Italy.
Does anyone have any recommended paths to determine the year of naturalization, if any?
Since your ...
Regarding the 1880 Cenus it does not state whether or not they were an Alien just their birthplace and the birth place of their parents. In my 3xGGF case it is all Italy.
Does anyone have any recommended paths to determine the year of naturalization, if any?
Since your ...
- 18 Jan 2011, 05:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Thanks for this information. This is my understanding and the advice I have been given by someone who has gone through this process as well. My next big step is determining whether he was naturalized, and if so, was it before my GGGF was born.
I can best answer this by quoting the always ...
I can best answer this by quoting the always ...
- 18 Jan 2011, 01:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
- Replies: 32
- Views: 11353
Re: Willing to do the work if you guys think I qualify
Mler - Thank you very much for the information and prompt response. My lineage is 100% male so that seems to be a plus 
To the point of Naturalization what do you recommend is the best route to go to determine if this happened?
Thanks in advance!
To the point of Naturalization what do you recommend is the best route to go to determine if this happened?
Thanks in advance!