Search found 13 matches

by rosel
14 Aug 2011, 09:54
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Request birth records from Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 5386

Re: Request birth records from Italy

I sent to Italy using a form letter last April and have not heard back. I sent a US postal order to cover costs. Might not be a good idea to send any money until they contact you. I am going to write another letter to them soon.

I mailed another letter and I emailed them and have still have not ...
by rosel
18 Mar 2011, 22:04
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ship manifest
Replies: 9
Views: 2463

Re: Ship manifest

I was able to trace the family back to 1700's in Rodi. I think if I deicde to try for citizenship I would just need my grandfather's docs. I am working on that now. I am waiting for his bc from Rodi and naturalization info.
by rosel
18 Mar 2011, 21:58
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ship manifest
Replies: 9
Views: 2463

Re: Ship manifest

Yes Tessa, that's him and that is my gf sisters marriage.
by rosel
18 Mar 2011, 21:16
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ship manifest
Replies: 9
Views: 2463

Re: Ship manifest

Thank you Johnny. His name is Guiseppe Antonio Piteo. born 1848, he arrived August 1907, I believe. Born in Rodi, to Hoboken, NJ to his son Antonio or wife M. Pupillo.
by rosel
18 Mar 2011, 19:45
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ship manifest
Replies: 9
Views: 2463

Re: Ship manifest

Looks like his name is crossed out on all three but supposedly he did come over on the last one in August, unless he was on a fourth ship in August that I did not find.
by rosel
16 Mar 2011, 16:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ship manifest
Replies: 9
Views: 2463

Re: Ship manifest

Thank you Tessa78, that explains why I find my ggf's name on three ships coming over here within July and August of the same year.
by rosel
16 Mar 2011, 16:21
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ship manifest
Replies: 9
Views: 2463

Ship manifest

Would anyone know if it means anything when it looks like there is a line going straight through a passengers name and information? I have come across this a few times in my research.
by rosel
11 Mar 2011, 19:11
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Request birth records from Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 5386

Re: Request birth records from Italy

I forgot to say that I think that Italy keeps great records. In the online family history, I was able to trace ancesters back to the 1700's. Yet my greatgrandmother and her parents were born here in New York City and there is no record of their birth. You would think that NYC would be really on top ...
by rosel
11 Mar 2011, 19:04
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Request birth records from Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 5386

Re: Request birth records from Italy

Thanks, that's good to know. I did finish my letter and hope that will do it. I will be working on my Italian for next summer. I am discovering that I can read much of it but conversation is a whole other thing. I don't think I have to know too much to talk to them regarding what I need.
by rosel
10 Mar 2011, 15:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Request birth records from Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 5386

Re: Request birth records from Italy

Thanks, I would love to go there in person but I don't speak any Italian so that wouldn't help me either. I would like to go for vacation next year or the year after and am going to start planning for it. I will try writing again. That is my job for today get my information together and compose a ...
by rosel
10 Mar 2011, 04:49
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Request birth records from Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 5386

Re: Request birth records from Italy

I sent to Italy using a form letter last April and have not heard back. I sent a US postal order to cover costs. Might not be a good idea to send any money until they contact you. I am going to write another letter to them soon.
by rosel
10 Mar 2011, 04:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searchin for Fanara, Gammicchia, Pupillo, Franzone of Sicily
Replies: 5
Views: 5574

Re: Searchin for Fanara, Gammicchia, Pupillo, Franzone of Si

I know you weren't talking to me but I have a question. I went to familysearch and it said they do have the records for Rodi Garganico and then I went two days later and did a search and it says they do not have those records. Is it best to go in person to make sure? I didn't want to go if they don ...
by rosel
09 Mar 2011, 10:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searchin for Fanara, Gammicchia, Pupillo, Franzone of Sicily
Replies: 5
Views: 5574

Re: Searchin for Fanara, Gammicchia, Pupillo, Franzone of Si

I have pieced together all I can about my relatives who immigrated to the US. I have traced them back to what I think are 3 towns in Sicily.

Gammicchia goes back to Trapani and Monte San Guiliano (Erice)

Fanara goes back to Trapani and Erice as well

Pupillo and Franzone go back to Partinico, I ...