Search found 14 matches
- 19 Nov 2011, 21:32
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Comune di Caltagirone
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1529
Re: Comune di Caltagirone
Thank You!
- 11 Nov 2011, 15:52
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Comune di Caltagirone
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1529
Comune di Caltagirone
Hi everyone!
I love the FHC microfilms! You can get some really cool information and go pretty far back, it's a lot of fun. So anyway, I found an ancestor of mine who came from Caltagirone in the early 19th century. I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites or books that have a lot of ...
I love the FHC microfilms! You can get some really cool information and go pretty far back, it's a lot of fun. So anyway, I found an ancestor of mine who came from Caltagirone in the early 19th century. I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites or books that have a lot of ...
- 19 Sep 2011, 00:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Does anyone know what an industrioso/a was or did?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1680
Re: Does anyone know what an industrioso/a was or did?
I'll revive this question because I have the same one. In lists of Italian occupations it is simply said to mean a trader. All the women on my grandmother's side, from Adrano and Santa Maria di Licodia in Catania, are listed as industriosa for their occupation. It is also intreseting because it is ...
- 11 Sep 2011, 13:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Farinello and unknown parents
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1817
Re: Farinello and unknown parents
Wow thank you for the insight, as well as the photos.
- 09 Sep 2011, 23:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Farinello and unknown parents
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1817
Re: Farinello and unknown parents
Thank you a lot. That really is a sad thought, especially the idea of everyone knowing who the parents are and have to live in that town. Lucia probably felt like there was something wrong with herself that they could not want her. But even if we can't know who her parents are it makes her no less ...
- 09 Sep 2011, 04:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Farinello and unknown parents
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1817
Farinello and unknown parents
Hello everyone,
I was researching a side of my family that come entirely from Barrafranca. However, I came to a new line from Caltagirone. My GX4Grandfather Salvatore Razza was born about 1821 in Caltagirone. He married Lucia Farinello in Barrafranca. The marriage act says Salvatore was raied in ...
I was researching a side of my family that come entirely from Barrafranca. However, I came to a new line from Caltagirone. My GX4Grandfather Salvatore Razza was born about 1821 in Caltagirone. He married Lucia Farinello in Barrafranca. The marriage act says Salvatore was raied in ...
- 09 Sep 2011, 04:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Inocente Pappa Costa
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1284
Re: Inocente Pappa Costa
Hi,
Yeah it is very interesting how a family can grow so big and all come from one same immigrant ancestor. It's a little bit more likely with rarer surnames like in some of my Sicilian family but I am also related to the Acadian Boudreau family and they all come from this same one guy, Michel, who ...
Yeah it is very interesting how a family can grow so big and all come from one same immigrant ancestor. It's a little bit more likely with rarer surnames like in some of my Sicilian family but I am also related to the Acadian Boudreau family and they all come from this same one guy, Michel, who ...
- 09 Sep 2011, 04:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rose Torrisi wife of Giuseppe Torrisi
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2444
Re: Rose Torrisi wife of Giuseppe Torrisi
Do you suspect Venara died in the Pennsylvania? If you do, and guess in the 1920s or early 30s, maybe you can check indexes for Penn vital records? Perhaps at the Pennsylvania State Archives or if you guys have a vital records department in the state (though they might not be willing to do research ...
- 09 Sep 2011, 03:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ettore Pirozzi
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1874
Re: Ettore Pirozzi
Hi Mauro,
I do not see any Ettore Pirozzi arriving in the 1870s. There are several with that name as well, a birthplace would help focus the search.
There is an Ettore Pirozzi who arrived in the US 1903 and was born about 1866 in Molfetto. He is listed as being American. There is a passport ...
I do not see any Ettore Pirozzi arriving in the 1870s. There are several with that name as well, a birthplace would help focus the search.
There is an Ettore Pirozzi who arrived in the US 1903 and was born about 1866 in Molfetto. He is listed as being American. There is a passport ...
- 18 Aug 2011, 22:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage certificate translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2754
Re: Marriage certificate translation
Sorry for all the link confusion :D They always get mixed up. Basically what I have on that ancestry page are 2 pages of Antonino Ronsisvalle & Arcangela Grasso's marriage, then an index for their marriage, and then 2 pages for the marriage of Arcangela's brother Angelo.
You have been super ...
You have been super ...
- 18 Aug 2011, 02:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage certificate translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2754
Re: Marriage certificate translation
Thank you for the help Tess and Marty!
I'm not sure if this is the other page you are looking for or not or if I am being redundant and posted something I have already posted:
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/22336449/person/5069244332/media/1?pgnum=1&pg=0&pgpl=pid%7cpgNum
Thank you for the ...
I'm not sure if this is the other page you are looking for or not or if I am being redundant and posted something I have already posted:
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/22336449/person/5069244332/media/1?pgnum=1&pg=0&pgpl=pid%7cpgNum
Thank you for the ...
- 17 Aug 2011, 15:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage certificate translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2754
- 17 Aug 2011, 15:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage certificate translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2754
Marriage certificate translation
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me translate/read this marriage record for my great-great-great-grandparents. It is from 1830. I can read and translate it pretty well as I have gone through a lot of Sicilian records but this has a lot of writing on the second page I could use ...
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me translate/read this marriage record for my great-great-great-grandparents. It is from 1830. I can read and translate it pretty well as I have gone through a lot of Sicilian records but this has a lot of writing on the second page I could use ...
- 08 Jun 2011, 14:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death translation
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3681
Re: Death translation
Hello,
Where does your Filippa Salamone come from and what is her time frame? I am wondering because there are several Pietro Salamones in my line, but not this one as there is no Olimpia Mina. My family comes from Barrafranca and wondering if there was a possible relation.
Where does your Filippa Salamone come from and what is her time frame? I am wondering because there are several Pietro Salamones in my line, but not this one as there is no Olimpia Mina. My family comes from Barrafranca and wondering if there was a possible relation.