Does anyone know what an industrioso/a was or did?
Does anyone know what an industrioso/a was or did?
I have the translation of our great grandfather and great grandmother's marriage document. His lists his occupation as an industrioso and hers as an industriosa. The person who translated it for me said that occupation no longer exists. Does anybody know anything about that occupation? Thank you.
Re: Does anyone know what an industrioso/a was or did?
I'll revive this question because I have the same one. In lists of Italian occupations it is simply said to mean a trader. All the women on my grandmother's side, from Adrano and Santa Maria di Licodia in Catania, are listed as industriosa for their occupation. It is also intreseting because it is in contrast to my grandfather's side, from Barrafranca, where only one woman I've found had an occupation listed other than casalinga, or housewife. Anybody know exactly what an industriosa did or what it meant to be one?
Thanks!
J
Thanks!
J

