Search found 70 matches
- 24 Feb 2012, 18:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2497
Re: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
When was your father born and where did his family live in the U.S.?
- 15 Feb 2012, 19:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trip to Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1735
Re: Trip to Italy
Thank you to everyone who have given me a ton of tips, they help a lot =)
- 06 Feb 2012, 18:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Philip Bontempo
- Replies: 23
- Views: 7450
Re: Philip Bontempo
Oh you're welcome. I was so glad that I could help you narrow things down for you. Also too, definitely keep track of how people spell the names, because if one document has the name spelt differently than it should be spelt, chances are that other documents similar to that are possibly spelt the ...
- 06 Feb 2012, 13:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trip to Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1735
Re: Trip to Italy
Oh geez I forgot to put the towns down lol Sorry guys :)
Actually Abruzzo is one of the towns, so thank you for covering that one.
The towns that I am looking at are Bacoli(Napoli), Tito(Potenza, Basilicata), Navelli(L'Aquila, Abruzzo), Villabate(Palermo, Sicilia), and Marineo(Palermo). I've been ...
Actually Abruzzo is one of the towns, so thank you for covering that one.
The towns that I am looking at are Bacoli(Napoli), Tito(Potenza, Basilicata), Navelli(L'Aquila, Abruzzo), Villabate(Palermo, Sicilia), and Marineo(Palermo). I've been ...
- 06 Feb 2012, 00:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Philip Bontempo
- Replies: 23
- Views: 7450
Re: Philip Bontempo
I hope that this helps for now, if I see anything I'll let you know. In the meantime, I would map out their house in Texas (2213 Forrest) and in Louisiana (I believe it says William street) and see where the closest Churches/cemeteries are. From there, I would call them up and ask them if they have ...
- 06 Feb 2012, 00:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Philip Bontempo
- Replies: 23
- Views: 7450
Re: Philip Bontempo
Hi there!!
I found an old U.S. City Directory (Beaumont, Texas, City Directory, 1916 ) on Ancestry.com:
-Bontempo, Corrine (wid. Philip), res 2213 Forrest
-........Lillian Miss, h 2213 Forrest
-........Marie Miss, h 2213 Forrest
From this directory in 1916, this tells me that Philip had to have ...
I found an old U.S. City Directory (Beaumont, Texas, City Directory, 1916 ) on Ancestry.com:
-Bontempo, Corrine (wid. Philip), res 2213 Forrest
-........Lillian Miss, h 2213 Forrest
-........Marie Miss, h 2213 Forrest
From this directory in 1916, this tells me that Philip had to have ...
- 05 Feb 2012, 23:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trip to Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1735
Trip to Italy
Hey everyone. So after watching the hit show Who Do You Think You Are, I've decided to take my genealogy journey a step further. I'm planning an upcoming trip to Italy and figured this would be a perfect place to ask how I should go about finding information about my ancestors in Italy. Any ...
- 09 Oct 2011, 17:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Understanding the Curatolas
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5482
Re: Understanding the Curatolas
Also can anyone find a 1930 census with Joseph Curatola on it? He is not living at his father's house in 1930 with his brother Michele "Michael" so I have no clue where he is. Would he be in the NY directory?? Where would he possibly be?
- 09 Oct 2011, 17:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cinque/Cacciopoli/Russo/Imperato
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2034
Re: Cinque/Cacciopoli/Russo/Imperato
Also here is a 1905 US Census for Elizabeth Cacciopoli https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/SMJG-BLN/p_2029623245
Name: Elizabeth Cacciopoli
Residence: Manhattan, New York, New York
Age: 14
Estimated Birth Year: 1891
Birthplace: Italy
Relationship to Head of Household: Daughter
Race: W
Gender ...
Name: Elizabeth Cacciopoli
Residence: Manhattan, New York, New York
Age: 14
Estimated Birth Year: 1891
Birthplace: Italy
Relationship to Head of Household: Daughter
Race: W
Gender ...
- 09 Oct 2011, 17:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cinque/Cacciopoli/Russo/Imperato
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2034
Re: Cinque/Cacciopoli/Russo/Imperato
Here is a WWII Registration Draft Card for Francesco Cinque, there's two sides to it so be sure to "flip" the card over to the next page. Here is the link to access the image: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/1LV9-PSG/p_10838403014
Name: Frank Cinque
Event: Military
Event Date: 1942
Event ...
Name: Frank Cinque
Event: Military
Event Date: 1942
Event ...
- 09 Oct 2011, 16:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname Lizzi
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5152
Re: Surname Lizzi
Oh as well as a 1920 census (not sure if you've seen this). https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/M8XB-4W6/p_189844966
Name: Donato Lieze
Residence: , Gloucester, New Jersey
Estimated Birth Year: 1871
Age: 49
Birthplace: Italy
Relationship to Head of Household: Self
Gender: Male
Race: White ...
Name: Donato Lieze
Residence: , Gloucester, New Jersey
Estimated Birth Year: 1871
Age: 49
Birthplace: Italy
Relationship to Head of Household: Self
Gender: Male
Race: White ...
- 09 Oct 2011, 16:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname Lizzi
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5152
Re: Surname Lizzi
From what Suanj found, I was able to go onto FamilySearch.org and found a marriage docuemt (in order to see the image, you have to create a free account- just a username and password is all you need). Here is the link to the document: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/MSJN-XX8/p2
- 08 Oct 2011, 14:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Understanding the Curatolas
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5482
Re: Understanding the Curatolas
Hey everyone, been a while since I posted something on here. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me in finding out when my great grandmother Mary Cangialosi LoMonaco married her second husband Guiseppe "Joseph" Curatola? I have narrowed down the years to be between 1942 and 1945, but I'm ...
- 10 Aug 2011, 01:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crazy Cangialosi family
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2912
Re: Crazy Cangialosi family
Thank you Tessa, Laura, and Paul so very much for helping me out on this research. How would I be able to find out if there's a divorce record for Mary Cangialosi and Frank Lomonaco? Or even better- when Mary got married to Joseph Curatola?
- 06 Aug 2011, 23:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crazy Cangialosi family
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2912
Re: Crazy Cangialosi family
Wow, thanks you guys! These finds are awesome! I have been able to order that marriage certificate, and it turns out that it was the people that I was looking for. Now I have to figure out when they were divorced. Supposedly they were divorced in 1942? How would I figure this out?