Search found 7 matches

by amastadonna
06 Jul 2024, 21:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for information on the Altiero family
Replies: 9
Views: 4775

Re: Searching for information on the Altiero family

joetucciarone, Aaltiero, Liberati, I just found this discussion online. I am related to all the names mentioned in this discussion. Specifically to Filomena Altier (Ciufo) Hufi. She was my Great Grandmother's Sister and is buried in Mount Calvary cemetery next to my Great Grandparents. My Great ...
by amastadonna
07 Dec 2016, 16:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA
Replies: 20
Views: 14117

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Thank you for your help. I hope to eventually find pictures from the late 1800's or early 1900's of the housing community of Carbon Limestone Company. I believe it was located just down the "Hill" from Hillsville on the other-side of the River. All of the links and pictures are appreciated.
Tony ...
by amastadonna
16 May 2016, 00:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA
Replies: 20
Views: 14117

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of ANY pictures of the Limestone quarry immigrant workers settlement called Carbon located outside of hillsville, pa? I have found little to no documentation as well as pictures. Any information or help would be appreciated
by amastadonna
30 Dec 2015, 20:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA
Replies: 20
Views: 14117

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Joe Thank you for the article from the Cleveland Plain dealer: March 28, 1909. This is the most complete story on the "Black Hand" murders and arrests in Hillsville Limestone quarries (in 1907) that i've read yet! This story confirms and tells me this was a thriving Italian settlement of Limestone ...
by amastadonna
25 Nov 2015, 14:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA
Replies: 20
Views: 14117

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Does anyone have any pictures from the hillsville, pa limestone quarries from around 1900 give or take 20 years either way?
I believe the Italian immigrant workers lived in a company owned "ghetto" of sorts and would love to find any photo documentation I can find.
Thank you in advance for sharing ...
by amastadonna
20 Mar 2012, 13:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA
Replies: 20
Views: 14117

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Thank you for your help. I have already located the census information you have found.
Yes you are correct this is my family. If you go to the Mahoning Twp. Website they do confirm that "Carbon" existed. Checkout this link:http://www.mahoningtownship.net/about.html

What I still haven't found was ...
by amastadonna
25 Feb 2012, 14:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA
Replies: 20
Views: 14117

Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Pennolino Family

We have searched for information on the Pennolino family and have reason to believe Antonio & Rosa Pennolino lived in a community surrounding the limestone quarries of Western, Pa (supplying Limestone for the steel making of Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Oh).
We have a baptismal ...