Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Post by Tessa78 »

Pictures of the carbon Limestone Quarry and processing facility here...
http://www.lawrencecountymemoirs.com/lc ... lsville-pa

Italian immigrants and the donated church - St Lawrence - and the cemetery
http://www.lawrencecountymemoirs.com/lc ... lsville-pa

Pictures of the local men playing bocce ball... 1940s

http://www.lawrencecountymemoirs.com/lc ... lsville-pa
User avatar
joetucciarone
Elite
Elite
Posts: 498
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 22:28
Location: Cocoa, Florida

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Post by joetucciarone »

I just found an article in the December 1, 1902 Youngstown Vindicator about a train wreck at the "Carbon Station" "12 miles east" of Youngstown. There's a photo of the train and a shattered building.
amastadonna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 17 Feb 2012, 23:10
Location: Tallmadge, Ohio

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Post by amastadonna »

Thank you for your help. I hope to eventually find pictures from the late 1800's or early 1900's of the housing community of Carbon Limestone Company. I believe it was located just down the "Hill" from Hillsville on the other-side of the River. All of the links and pictures are appreciated.
Tony Mastadonna
Hillsvillepa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 09 May 2016, 16:05

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Post by Hillsvillepa »

Yes we have some random photos of the men in the quarry in our Facebook group, one of the photos has my great grandfather in it and other family members
Hillsvillepa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 09 May 2016, 16:05

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Post by Hillsvillepa »

The link above with photos of the men playing bocce and some others, are some of my family members and the were playing in front of my great grandparents house, I gave them to the guy at Lawrence County memoirs, he's doing a great thing for the area with that website and I try to help him any way I can
LJeanRods
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 13 Apr 2020, 04:29

Re: Carbon, Mahoning Twp, Lawrence Cty, PA

Post by LJeanRods »

Hillsvillepa wrote: 09 May 2016, 16:16 What do you need to know I grew up in carbon and my family has been I Hillsville since the Italians came,carbon isn't on a map it is a neighborhood in Hillsville, the area around carbon limestone company
Carbon did have a post office, there is information about it on the Lawrence County Memoris Facebook page.
Post Reply