Thanks for the suggestion tessa ... I went today and ordered a couple rolls of microfilm so hopefully that will bear some fruit.
I was surprised at how expensive it can be to order microfilm from the family history centers ... the Mazzarino civil registrations are contained on about 15 rolls of ...
Search found 17 matches
- 07 Jul 2012, 22:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2513
- 06 Jul 2012, 21:13
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2513
Re: Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi
Tessa -- I used her death record, which listed her parents as Luigi Scepi and Giuseppa Aloisa Scebba ... no "Don" or "Donna". Ancestry.com's birth records start at 1866 so that's not available, and her marriage likely occurred prior to 1866 as well. I've not found a death record for her mother ...
- 06 Jul 2012, 05:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2513
Re: Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi
Thanks Tessa ... would this imply that he was unmarried, since there's not a mention of a wife? It seems like I've normally seen bachelors listed as "celibe" on death records ... did I miss a mention of marital status?
My Gr-x3-Grandmother (Maria Letterina Scepi, 1844-1929)'s parents were "Luigi ...
My Gr-x3-Grandmother (Maria Letterina Scepi, 1844-1929)'s parents were "Luigi ...
- 05 Jul 2012, 23:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2513
- 05 Jul 2012, 20:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2513
Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi
Hello, if someone has a free moment can you please take a look at this Death Record for Don Luigi Scepi (starts on lower left page). I can read that his father was Don Salvatore Scepi, but I can't tell if the woman named Donna Elizabetta Quattrocchi is Luigi's mother or wife. If his mother, do you ...
- 05 Jul 2012, 14:26
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Reading Names on Atti di Morte
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1096
Re: Help Reading Names on Atti di Morte
Thank you!
- 05 Jul 2012, 14:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Maiden Names in Italian Records, etc
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1579
Re: Maiden Names in Italian Records, etc
Thank you -- very interesting!
- 05 Jul 2012, 06:33
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Reading Names on Atti di Morte
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1096
Help Reading Names on Atti di Morte
Hello, if anyone can help me decipher the names of the parents of the deceased (Liboria Indioggia) on this Atti di Morte, I'd be very appreciative. Thank you ...
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3185/indioggialiboriadccropp.jpg
Also, I believe I'm reading the occupation of the deceased to be ...
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3185/indioggialiboriadccropp.jpg
Also, I believe I'm reading the occupation of the deceased to be ...
- 05 Jul 2012, 03:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Maiden Names in Italian Records, etc
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1579
Maiden Names in Italian Records, etc
Hello, I've been searching through the civil records on ancestry.com for my family's town in Sicily (Mazzarino, Caltanissetta), and I noticed that women are listed by their maiden names for all records, even if they were married. I also found that my widowed Great Grandmother traveled to the United ...
- 13 Jun 2012, 18:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sending Payment to Italy, and Pre-Paid Postage
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1018
Re: Sending Payment to Italy, and Pre-Paid Postage
Thanks ... It looks like USPS still sells IRCs online ... also, 1.60 Euro is equivalent to $2.00 right now, so I suppose only one would suffice if the letter was standard weight.
No, I did not have a commune request postage or a fee, but it seems like a courteous thing to do, as well as prudent to ...
No, I did not have a commune request postage or a fee, but it seems like a courteous thing to do, as well as prudent to ...
- 13 Jun 2012, 12:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sending Payment to Italy, and Pre-Paid Postage
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1018
Sending Payment to Italy, and Pre-Paid Postage
What is the proper method for sending a payment to a government office in Italy for a record request? Also, how would one go about sending a pre-paid postage envelope for the request? I don't imagine that a personal check would be cashable overseas ... and I don't imagine the post office has italian ...
- 13 Jun 2012, 00:39
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5594
Re: Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale
By the way -- I'd like to remit the cost of postage to the City Office in Recale ... can anybody recommend the best method of doing that? I imagine a personal check would be no good internationally.
Also, for future requests to offices in Italy, what is the best way to provide a postage-paid ...
Also, for future requests to offices in Italy, what is the best way to provide a postage-paid ...
- 12 Jun 2012, 22:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5594
Re: Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale
Icannuli, the turnaround time for my request was 2.5 months. Which is a lot better than some states here in the U.S. do for vital records requests. Pennsylvania, for example, takes about 4 months to receive a Death Certificate.
- 10 Jun 2012, 16:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Letter "J" in Italian Surname, "Majello"
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2386
Re: Letter "J" in Italian Surname, "Majello"
Ah, thanks ... so would an Italian actually type the letter "j" to differentiate?
Reminds me of pre-19th century english script where "ss" was often written "fs", as in "procefs" (process).
Reminds me of pre-19th century english script where "ss" was often written "fs", as in "procefs" (process).
- 10 Jun 2012, 06:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Letter "J" in Italian Surname, "Majello"
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2386
Letter "J" in Italian Surname, "Majello"
Hello, I recently received some vital record extracts from the city of Recale, Caserta, Italy, and I was surprised to read what I think is the surname "Majello" in the documents. I did not think that the letter "J" was used in typical Italian ... is this something unique to the region around Naples ...
