Search found 16 matches
- 14 Nov 2024, 00:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: birth or marriage certificates from gessopalena
- Replies: 5
- Views: 748
Re: birth or marriage certificates from gessopalena
Yes, I spelled her name wrong, sorry. the papers will be used for citizenship so that is correct. I did find some photocopies of documents my father found after my grandmother passed. Not sure what they are and one was very torn and tattered when copied so its hard to read. I took pics of all three ...
- 13 Nov 2024, 02:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: birth or marriage certificates from gessopalena
- Replies: 5
- Views: 748
birth or marriage certificates from gessopalena
trying to find either a birth certificate or a marriage certificate for my grandmother Anselma Pellicotti from gessopalena. she was born in 1907 and married in 1922 to Fillipo Cavaliere in gesso. do these document exist?
thanks for any help!
Paul
thanks for any help!
Paul
- 29 Aug 2024, 01:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1800
Re: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
Hello,
an awesome update to my story. I was able to get in contact with someone that basically does family history for a living and is currently doing and in depth family history on his family and gessopalena. Turns out his family is related by marriage to my family so he is sharing what info he ...
an awesome update to my story. I was able to get in contact with someone that basically does family history for a living and is currently doing and in depth family history on his family and gessopalena. Turns out his family is related by marriage to my family so he is sharing what info he ...
- 06 Aug 2024, 00:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1800
Re: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
Here is info from my other post 12 years ago pertaining to Michelle Cavaliere
1914 ship manifest
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/2942/1914a.jpg
next page
http://imageshack.us/a/img21/3439/1914bg.jpg
4 Jun 1914, SS Taormina, Phila
line 1
Michele Cavaliere 28, abt 1886
- possible naturalization ...
1914 ship manifest
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/2942/1914a.jpg
next page
http://imageshack.us/a/img21/3439/1914bg.jpg
4 Jun 1914, SS Taormina, Phila
line 1
Michele Cavaliere 28, abt 1886
- possible naturalization ...
- 06 Aug 2024, 00:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1800
Re: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
Farassino, I found this in the registry 1891 #37 could you translate and let me know if it is Michelle Cavaliere from the same family possibly?
Paul C
Paul C
- 05 Aug 2024, 12:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1800
Re: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
Is there a way to search those birth records by name to see if fillipi had a brother or do I just have to manually go threw each entry per year searching. I tried looking for Michelle cavaliere under 1886 gessopalena but found no entry?
Paul cavaliere
Paul cavaliere
- 05 Aug 2024, 12:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1800
Re: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
Is there a way to search those birth records by name to see if fillipi had a brother or do I just have to manually go threw each entry per year searching. I tried looking for Michelle cavaliere under 1886 gessopalena but found no entry?
Paul cavaliere
Paul cavaliere
- 05 Aug 2024, 04:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1800
Re: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
thank you Farassino for the information. Yes 12 years ago I posted similar info request about Cavaliere's from gessopalena. I inquired to the town via the email given about marriage records to continue my search on my fathers side of the family, but never got a response. Life got in the way and I ...
- 04 Aug 2024, 22:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1800
searching for Cavaliere's in or from Pardesca,Calabria
hello,
continuing a family history search for my fathers side of the family. His father Fillipo Cavaliere married my grandmother Anselma Pellicotti in Gessopalena in 1922. he immigrated to the USA (Philadelphia, PA) in 1913 and brought her and there 1st born over to America in the 1930's. we have ...
continuing a family history search for my fathers side of the family. His father Fillipo Cavaliere married my grandmother Anselma Pellicotti in Gessopalena in 1922. he immigrated to the USA (Philadelphia, PA) in 1913 and brought her and there 1st born over to America in the 1930's. we have ...
- 29 Sep 2012, 19:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8757
Re: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
wow, great work! I have to forward this to my father!!!
thanks!!!
Paul
thanks!!!
Paul
- 28 Sep 2012, 23:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8757
Re: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
it was Gessopalena!
- 26 Sep 2012, 22:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8757
Re: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
thanks Valarie thats the correct WW1 card the other one I found is for a different Filippo cavaliere. My grandfather settled in the chester area in the 1920's when he brought over my grandmother from gessopalena. I did just find out that Filippo wrote apon entering the country ,that his dads name ...
- 26 Sep 2012, 17:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8757
Re: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
the Filipo Cavaliere on the draft card may not be the same person i am looking for but I am still interesed in sorting it out? the birth date is off a few years (1888 & not 1893?). It may just be a coinsidence that they are near the same age,have the same name & spelling and both worked for the rail ...
- 26 Sep 2012, 03:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8757
Re: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
I now have a new twist to my grandfathers origins, I found a copy of a 1917 US army draft registration card for my grandfather fillippo cavaliere, in it he states his birth place as Perdesca,Reggio Calabria Italy? that being said I need to find a contact for that town ,Pardesca, to ask for birth ...
- 25 Sep 2012, 03:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8757
Re: marrage records from Gessopalena italy
I sent off a request using the formats suggested, all I can do is hope for a response? My uncle will be traveling to gessopalena in October, next month for the first time. he plans on checking out the local church for records on our family if they exist? If they have them would the church release ...