Search found 34 matches

by ty79978
07 Aug 2023, 06:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Landri Birth Record
Replies: 3
Views: 611

Re: Landri Birth Record

Oh, very interesting, Mmogno!

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Would this mean that the surname was originally, "Landi" - It's interesting, since every document in the U.S. including immigration has Landri as his surname. So, I'm surprised as this "minor' spelling discrepancy. I'm going ...
by ty79978
07 Aug 2023, 00:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Landri Birth Record
Replies: 3
Views: 611

Landri Birth Record

Hello All,

Ultimately, my cousin would like to consider applying for Italian Citizenship. They know how to order the NY/PA based documents have those Apostilled. The last document that would be needed would be the birth certificate for Pasquale Landri. (From, according to his Naturalization ...
by ty79978
30 Nov 2022, 02:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate - Sicily Palermo, Maybe?
Replies: 13
Views: 5426

Re: Birth Certificate - Sicily Palermo, Maybe?

Hello, Cerdrone,

Thank you for your insight into this application process for Italian Citizenship. Yes, I am aware that documents need to be apostilled. I will certainly be sure to include that in my email, to inquire about whether or not that is something that they can do directly-- I wouldn't ...
by ty79978
30 Nov 2022, 00:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate - Sicily Palermo, Maybe?
Replies: 13
Views: 5426

Re: Birth Certificate - Sicily Palermo, Maybe?

Thank you so much Tessa! You've been of a tremendous help! I will plan to email them first. It just seems as a more reliable approach to contacting them in regards to having them send a birth certificate, even if I have to send them a paid postage. But, I appreciate the address nonetheless-- it'll ...
by ty79978
29 Nov 2022, 18:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate - Sicily Palermo, Maybe?
Replies: 13
Views: 5426

Re: Birth Certificate - Sicily Palermo, Maybe?

Grazie!! Tessa! Thank you! Funny, I've explored the Antenati site, and have never found this! Thank you! :)

Ah, good to know that she was from Cinsi.

Would you have any idea then, if I wanted to obtain a copy of her birth certificate, how to go about this? I can't imagine that if I was going to ...
by ty79978
29 Nov 2022, 17:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate - Sicily Palermo, Maybe?
Replies: 13
Views: 5426

Birth Certificate - Sicily Palermo, Maybe?

Hello All,

I am local in NY. I am considering applying (eventually) for my Italian Citizenship. But, there just seem to be one too many hurdles currently. (obtaining records, adjusting certs due to name changes/variations, and having to file a 1948 case) -- all of which, at this time are just ...
by ty79978
09 Jul 2019, 13:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cinsi Marriage Requests
Replies: 4
Views: 1341

Re: Cinsi Marriage Requests

Thank you, Marty for your assistance with this! I will contact them today! Do you have any experience with requesting copies of certificates from them? I'm just trying to get an idea of the cost? This is the first time I've had to do something like this.

My family is from Italy, but, haven't ...
by ty79978
07 Jul 2019, 20:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cinsi Marriage Requests
Replies: 4
Views: 1341

Cinsi Marriage Requests

Hello,

I am currently located in New York, and I've recently discoved that prior to marrying my grandfather, my grandmother, Antonina Galioto, went to Italy, Cinsi, to be as specific as possible, to marry a Joseph Iacopelli.
My grandmother attained a divorce, however, in Florida in March of 1957 ...
by ty79978
07 Jul 2019, 20:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Missing Siblings
Replies: 3
Views: 1382

Re: Missing Siblings

Tessa,

Thank you for your reply to this posts. I know it's years late, but I never received a notification that this post even got replies. I've learned that I should definitely check this more often-- but, this has been super helpful to my brick wall and greatly appreicated.

Do you by chance ...
by ty79978
07 Jul 2019, 20:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Think surname was Vitale, changed to Vitley in America
Replies: 22
Views: 7133

Re: Think surname was Vitale, changed to Vitley in America

it's been years since I've logged onto this site. - Today's my first day back, I'll be spending the summer working again on my family tree and those brick walls we all run into.

Was anyone able to locate the marriage certificate of Giuseppa Vitale and Natale Palazzolo from 1915 (from the posts ...
by ty79978
30 Jun 2017, 06:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Missing Siblings
Replies: 3
Views: 1382

Missing Siblings

To whoever can help me, I appreciate it!

I find it extremely hard to believe that I have three separate families in my tree with only 2 or 3 known siblings. I have a feeling by the gaps in birth years that there are a few more siblings in each family that I'm just missing.
Thank you for all of ...
by ty79978
04 Sep 2013, 00:25
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: English to Italian - Birth Certificate from PA
Replies: 2
Views: 2292

Re: English to Italian - Birth Certificate from PA

As with any language, things may not always translate out 100%

I have a cousin who speaks very well Italian and travels to and from various parts of Italy constantly.
I however, cannot read much and translate much Italian, but I did pass on you request to my cousin, and this is what she emailed ...
by ty79978
04 Sep 2013, 00:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Contacting a member
Replies: 1
Views: 1563

Re: Contacting a member

Hi I sent a private message to a memeber who had tried to contact me some 3 years ago but I have not had a reply. Is there any way of contacting him now as I have some information for him concerning our Lando connection.

The members name is Matthew Cachia Zammit, I believe he is based in Malta ...
by ty79978
06 Aug 2013, 18:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Palazzolo Family Relatives in Italy:
Replies: 34
Views: 20267

Re: Palazzolo Family Relatives in Italy:

Right, I am aware. I've encountered that.

Thanks for all your help Mary,
Greatly Appreciated!
I honestly never thought I'd ever find out this much.

Thanks!
Tyler
by ty79978
06 Aug 2013, 18:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Palazzolo Family Relatives in Italy:
Replies: 34
Views: 20267

Re: Palazzolo Family Relatives in Italy:

Now,
I found this other tree on Ancestry.com

Is it possible that Francesco Lafata & Giuseppa gave birth to a daughter Angela who married a Domenico DiOrlando?

According to this other' person's Ancestry tree, Angela LaFata and Domenico DiOrlando were married on February 13th, 1814 in Cinsi ...