Search found 18 matches
- 14 Jul 2014, 16:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rumore vs Raimondi
- Replies: 2
- Views: 915
Re: Rumore vs Raimondi
It is Prizzi. I'm not surprised. I have seen a lot of Raimondi's in Prizzi records and almost no Rumore, but there are a few and those are my relatives. I guess i was grasping at straws. Thanks.
- 14 Jul 2014, 16:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rumore vs Raimondi
- Replies: 2
- Views: 915
Rumore vs Raimondi
This time I just have a question. I have my great grandmother's name as Giuseppa Rumore. But when searching I keep coming across people with the same given names but with surname Raimondi. Is it possible that those names were interchangeable in Sicily? I do see the name Rumore in original records ...
- 12 Jul 2014, 03:13
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage document help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1332
Re: Marriage document help
Thank you so much! And now I know their parents names. What was meant by maestro? Was it like we would say Mister?
- 12 Jul 2014, 00:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage document help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1332
Marriage document help
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-32360-6530-22?cc=2051639&wc=MCTM-GPD:351055601,353141301,352692502
I'm not asking for a translation of this long, handwritten document because it is very long. I've been using my Italian dictionary to get a little of it.
But can someone give me the ...
I'm not asking for a translation of this long, handwritten document because it is very long. I've been using my Italian dictionary to get a little of it.
But can someone give me the ...
- 10 Jul 2014, 16:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to read old records from Prizzi
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1458
Re: How to read old records from Prizzi
You're right - it is Allegati. I should have said that but I don't know what is relevant. At the top of the first page it says Coperta Pei Fascicoli Degli Allegati. I looked up most of the words so I have an idea what that means. But still couldn't figure out why all those extra records were in ...
- 10 Jul 2014, 14:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to read old records from Prizzi
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1458
How to read old records from Prizzi
I have been going through images of records on FamilySearch.org of marriages, births, deaths, etc from 1866-1910 (it says). But I'm having trouble understanding what I'm looking at. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable about these records can give me a clue.
The first page of a group is always ...
The first page of a group is always ...
- 16 Apr 2014, 18:41
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Filippo and Gaetano in Sicily
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2302
Re: Filippo and Gaetano in Sicily
Well, it looks like this post doesn't belong in the "locations in Italy" section now that I see these are names and not locations. Thanks for all the help.
- 16 Apr 2014, 16:08
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Filippo and Gaetano in Sicily
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2302
Re: Filippo and Gaetano in Sicily
That could be. If I post it would you see if you can tell if that is the case? I asked someone to translate that I thpought was able to but they could have made a mistake on that. The parents are supposed to be Pasquale Bellina and Giuseppa Rumore so if there is another name added on I would be very ...
- 16 Apr 2014, 15:11
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Filippo and Gaetano in Sicily
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2302
Filippo and Gaetano in Sicily
I found my great granddmother's baptism record and it had her father as being from Gaetano and mother from Filippo. I can find nothing on these 2 places by searching online. I had always seen records showing them both from Prizzi. The baptism was in Prizzi so they must be very nearby. Maybe they ...
- 09 Feb 2014, 22:53
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: can't read town on draft card - Chieti province
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1303
can't read town on draft card - Chieti province
In question 5 on this draft card I can't figure out the town in Chieti province. I looked at a list of Chieti towns and none look like this. I realize it's difficult to read in any event but if someone recognizes the town name I would appreciate it. I thought this person was from Fossacesia but it ...
- 08 Jan 2014, 03:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tamberino relatives
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7135
Re: Tamberino relatives
Really, you helped me so much. After you drew my attention to Mauro Sisti's name on the ship manifest it opened everything up for me. I found a Sisti family tree on ancestry.com that included Nicholas Tamburrini. Then I contacted the owner of the tree and he has put me in contact with some elderly ...
- 03 Jan 2014, 00:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tamberino relatives
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7135
Re: Tamberino relatives
Also, Mauro Sisti died in South Bend, Indiana in 1951 where the family was for some time. Now I'm excited to follow up on this!
- 03 Jan 2014, 00:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tamberino relatives
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7135
Re: Tamberino relatives
Very interesting. I have the 1930 census of Joseph in Rockford and think it is him but not positive. His age and his "age at first marriage" is right. One child was born there so it's a place the family lived at one point.
I'm definitely going to follow up on Dominick as a relative and the ship ...
I'm definitely going to follow up on Dominick as a relative and the ship ...
- 02 Jan 2014, 17:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tamberino relatives
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7135
Re: Tamberino relatives
Since I posted this I now know that the family name is really Tamborini. I presume Tamberino was given to the children in the orphanage and that is all they knew. I found the obituary of the children's mother in two South Bend, Indiana newspapers. Her name was Caroline and all 3 children were ...
- 28 Aug 2013, 19:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tamberino relatives
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7135
Re: Tamberino relatives
Since I posted the original post I have made a big discovery. A long lost relative who knew my grandmother very well tells me that grandma's name wasn't Mary Frances at all. her given name was Philomena. It was changed later; not sure when. Most likely by her adopted parents. So I am instead ...