Search found 25 matches
- 30 Aug 2014, 00:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with death document for Quintilla Brenta
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2261
Re: Help with death document for Quintilla Brenta
Thank you so much Marty that's really great.
- 29 Aug 2014, 23:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with death document for Quintilla Brenta
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2261
Help with death document for Quintilla Brenta
Hi all,
Would someone kindly be able to help me with translations of Quintillas death record? She seems to be the only sibling my GG grandfather had so was just wondering if there was any information that might help track down if she married or had any children? Also if there were any clues as to ...
Would someone kindly be able to help me with translations of Quintillas death record? She seems to be the only sibling my GG grandfather had so was just wondering if there was any information that might help track down if she married or had any children? Also if there were any clues as to ...
- 27 Apr 2014, 22:28
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Advice on getting records from Domaso in Como
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3529
Re: Advice on getting records from Domaso in Como
Thank you Donna that's great. I will have a dig through and see what I can turn up.
- 21 Apr 2014, 00:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Record help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1229
Re: Marriage Record help
That's so great thank you so much. I though that was how old he was but thought it was a large age gap!
- 20 Apr 2014, 23:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Names on documents - which way round?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1094
Names on documents - which way round?
Is there a set way to read names on documents in terms of which names come first? I know usually the surname is first but then if there are a number of names which one is usually the first name? I keep coming across a lot of my family using what I would think is a middle name rather than the first ...
- 20 Apr 2014, 23:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Record help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1229
Marriage Record help
Could any kind soul help me with translations on of these marriage documents. I'm struggling to work out any date of births. Also I can see the professions listed on one of the documents but can't quite work out what they are. Any help would be very much appreciated.
- 18 Apr 2014, 23:42
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Advice on getting records from Domaso in Como
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3529
Advice on getting records from Domaso in Como
I think I'm at the point where I need to try and get records from my families home town but I'm not sure of the best place to start. I know they lived in Domaso but other than that I know very little. Any advice on the best place to start would be gratefully received.
- 28 Mar 2014, 22:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to find people who may have gone back to Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2520
Re: How to find people who may have gone back to Italy
Thank you Carmine that's brilliant. I've not come across that site before. I have mainly been using Ancestry so far which is good but I'm sure I should be trying elsewhere too.
Yes that Giovanni is definitely Camilla's husband which is why I am a bit perplexed as he is buried in London in the same ...
Yes that Giovanni is definitely Camilla's husband which is why I am a bit perplexed as he is buried in London in the same ...
- 28 Mar 2014, 19:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to find people who may have gone back to Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2520
Re: How to find people who may have gone back to Italy
Thank you Ann that's a good idea. Do you know if I would be able to find death records for people who may have died in the 1930's in Italy or will those records not be available to view yet?
- 26 Mar 2014, 22:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to find people who may have gone back to Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2520
How to find people who may have gone back to Italy
Once again I am hoping someone can help me. I have a few relatives who came to London that seem to disapear once I get to the mid 30's. I am wondering if they went back to Italy and died there. I can find their spouses and other family members buried here in one cemetery but not them.
I am looking ...
I am looking ...
- 21 Mar 2014, 14:47
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Marriage at 15 years old allowed?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8741
Re: Marriage at 15 years old allowed?
Thank you Erudita that's really helpful. She must have had her parents consent in that case. I'm not sure I would be too happy letting my daughter marry at 15 but he seems to have been a famous stage artist so maybe they though he was rich 
- 21 Mar 2014, 13:43
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Marriage at 15 years old allowed?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8741
Marriage at 15 years old allowed?
I have a relative who was married in London and then again shortly afterwards in a church in Italy however according to the year of birth I have on the English marriage certificate she would have only been 15. Would this have been allowed in Italy?
I wouldn't have thought it was allowed in England ...
I wouldn't have thought it was allowed in England ...
- 20 Mar 2014, 17:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How do I find siblings of great grandparents
- Replies: 26
- Views: 6338
Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents
Thank you so much Paola that's really helpful information.
Thank you
Kate
Thank you
Kate
- 20 Mar 2014, 15:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How do I find siblings of great grandparents
- Replies: 26
- Views: 6338
Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents
Would it be very unusual to marry at 15 in Italy? I have Ugo and Maria marrying in London first when she was 15 years old and then again in Italy shortly afterwards. 15 seems awfully young so I'm wondering if that dates are wrong. Is there anything helpful on here?
Thank you so much
Kate
Thank you so much
Kate
- 20 Mar 2014, 15:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How do I find siblings of great grandparents
- Replies: 26
- Views: 6338
Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents
Thanks Paola I was just looking at her too. So hard as so many of the names are the same to work out which ones belong to your tree!