Search found 14 matches
- 26 Oct 2018, 01:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Reading some Latin
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1093
Re: Help Reading some Latin
Thanks! More info than normal with the widower part. Threw me off. Much appreciated. 
- 25 Oct 2018, 18:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Reading some Latin
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1093
Help Reading some Latin
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS86-Q713-N?i=45&cat=999584
Hello. At the link above I am trying to decipher more than I can seem to.
For antonio Scarfalloto I am unable to clearly make out the parentage. I see that the father of antonio is deceased but there are 3 names which I ...
Hello. At the link above I am trying to decipher more than I can seem to.
For antonio Scarfalloto I am unable to clearly make out the parentage. I see that the father of antonio is deceased but there are 3 names which I ...
- 25 Jan 2016, 22:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for a skilled reader of sloppy old writing.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3392
Re: Looking for a skilled reader of sloppy old writing.
Yes Marty. Welcome to my world! I am reaching wherever I can for some magic bullet.
I have done all I can. I continued Saveria's family as far back as I could.
The Death of Mro Girolamo on 12 Nov 1774 says nothing of a wife. It only states he was 60. The date works in terms of the father (by ...
I have done all I can. I continued Saveria's family as far back as I could.
The Death of Mro Girolamo on 12 Nov 1774 says nothing of a wife. It only states he was 60. The date works in terms of the father (by ...
- 25 Jan 2016, 20:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for a skilled reader of sloppy old writing.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3392
Re: Looking for a skilled reader of sloppy old writing.
Marty,
Here's the context, all in Monreale, Palermo:
Salvatore Valerio (15 Oct 1793-9 Dec 1889) is my 3rd great grandfather. His wedding announcement lists parents as Sebatstiano and Saveria: (lower right):
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9Q97-YMXS-V3N?mode=g&i=125&wc=MGS1-T38%3A351041201 ...
Here's the context, all in Monreale, Palermo:
Salvatore Valerio (15 Oct 1793-9 Dec 1889) is my 3rd great grandfather. His wedding announcement lists parents as Sebatstiano and Saveria: (lower right):
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9Q97-YMXS-V3N?mode=g&i=125&wc=MGS1-T38%3A351041201 ...
- 25 Jan 2016, 20:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for a skilled reader of sloppy old writing.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3392
Re: Looking for a skilled reader of sloppy old writing.
Hi Marty. I was hoping to find Lorenza or Nunzia....preferably Lorenza because that would be the best match. The son being Sebastiano would also work. Any idea what C.C. is? I see it a lot in these entries.
Thanks for your time!
Thanks for your time!
- 25 Jan 2016, 18:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for a skilled reader of sloppy old writing.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3392
Looking for a skilled reader of sloppy old writing.
Hi. I have been trying to decipher a name in this link:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9Q97-YMXV-NG?mode=g&i=14&owc=collection%2F2046915%2Fwaypoints&wc=MGSB-MNG%3A351041201%2C351041202%2C351117101%3Fcc%3D2046915&cc=2046915
It should bring you to a page (image 15) from Stato delle Anime in ...
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9Q97-YMXV-NG?mode=g&i=14&owc=collection%2F2046915%2Fwaypoints&wc=MGSB-MNG%3A351041201%2C351041202%2C351117101%3Fcc%3D2046915&cc=2046915
It should bring you to a page (image 15) from Stato delle Anime in ...
- 01 Nov 2014, 01:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Trying to make out last name.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4397
Re: Trying to make out last name.
Thanks for the response and info but at this point, I'm just looking for online-accessible information. Late 1700s is pretty good for my level of time and energy right now. In some cases, I have rented microfilm from the Family Research Library to view locally at my local branch but that was quite a ...
- 01 Nov 2014, 00:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Trying to make out last name.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4397
Re: Trying to make out last name.
Thank you, Angela!
- 01 Nov 2014, 00:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Trying to make out last name.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4397
Re: Trying to make out last name.
Since you are familiar with Vizzini, have I reached the end of the line here? The person in the record is Scholastica Costa. Died at age 74 in 1874. So you figure her mother Marianna Lentini and Father Gregorio were born around 1775 +/- 5-8 yrs. Do you know of another online source beyond family ...
- 31 Oct 2014, 23:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Trying to make out last name.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4397
Re: Trying to make out last name.
Much appreciated! Thank you! 
- 31 Oct 2014, 23:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Trying to make out last name.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4397
Re: Trying to make out last name.
Thanks! Are you certain? I thought of the letter L too but the first letter looked a lot like a lot of S words on the same page.
- 31 Oct 2014, 23:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Trying to make out last name.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4397
Trying to make out last name.
Hi. Looking for some help. So thrilled to locate the death record of an ancestor. Now, I am struggling with the last name of her mother. See attachment. Word in question is on the third line. It seems to start with an S based on the writing of the author. The word before it is the end of the name ...
- 25 Mar 2014, 23:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: I'm kind of stuck. Lacking consistent info....
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1538
Re: I'm kind of stuck. Lacking consistent info....
Hi Adelfio. Thanks for the response.
Yes. As I said in my original post, I cannot find a baptism for Sebastiano under any spelling (Valerio, Alerio or even a correct match on Alario). I did, however, find a confirmation in 1778. Problem is that the parental names change but the age is perfect for ...
Yes. As I said in my original post, I cannot find a baptism for Sebastiano under any spelling (Valerio, Alerio or even a correct match on Alario). I did, however, find a confirmation in 1778. Problem is that the parental names change but the age is perfect for ...
- 24 Mar 2014, 12:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: I'm kind of stuck. Lacking consistent info....
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1538
I'm kind of stuck. Lacking consistent info....
Hi. I'm new to the forum. After lots of research and success with Family Search on my tree, I'm reaching difficulties.
The trouble starts with Sebastiano Valerio of Monreale, Palermo, Italy he is the father of Salvatore Valerio (1793-1889)..born Filippo Geronimo Salvatore. Sebastiano is named with ...
The trouble starts with Sebastiano Valerio of Monreale, Palermo, Italy he is the father of Salvatore Valerio (1793-1889)..born Filippo Geronimo Salvatore. Sebastiano is named with ...