Search found 9 matches
- 03 Mar 2015, 02:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Death record for someone in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana
- Replies: 1
- Views: 914
Death record for someone in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana
Is there anyplace to look up death records for someone living in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana in the years of 1913 through about 1920? I know my great-grandfather was living there in 1911, and he died while his children were still young... his youngest was born in 1913. Familysearch doesn't have the ...
- 19 Feb 2015, 22:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Castellis from Bagni di Lucca
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1053
Re: Castellis from Bagni di Lucca
Thanks! The draft card you found is different from the one I found, but they seem to be the same person. On his WW1 Draft card, Altamare saidi he was born in Bagni di Lucca. On the WW2 card, he said he was born in Viareggio Lucca. I don't know anything about the geography of Italy... are the two ...
- 13 Feb 2015, 05:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Castellis from Bagni di Lucca
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1053
Castellis from Bagni di Lucca
Hi! I have just discovered another clue to the elusive history of the Castelli side of my family! I am not sure what the connection is, but I discovered that my 2nd great grandmother and my 2nd great aunts and uncles came over to the USA from Italy with another person who shared their last name of ...
- 13 Feb 2015, 05:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Castellis from Bagni di Lucca
- Replies: 1
- Views: 891
Castellis from Bagni di Lucca
Hi! I have just discovered another clue to the elusive history of the Castelli side of my family! I am not sure what the connection is, but I discovered that my 2nd great grandmother and my 2nd great aunts and uncles came over to the USA from Italy with another person who shared their last name of ...
- 30 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tessandori family origins
- Replies: 19
- Views: 13369
Re: Tessandori family origins
I am not sure if I ever posted this to you on another board, because this feels sort of familiar... but I am related to the Vittorio Del Dotto you are talking about in this post. He's my 2nd great uncle. I think he had a son called Luigi. I do not know much about them though, because my grandmother ...
- 30 Nov 2014, 21:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Luporini/o
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1257
Luporini/o
Hi! I have a question about surnames. One of the names in my family is either Luporini or Luporino. It seems to be spelled differently on different documents. I also have the last name Castelli, but I've seen it spelled in some places as Castello. Is it common for "i" and "o" to be interchangeable ...
- 30 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Santa Margherita vs Lucca
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1247
Santa Margherita vs Lucca
Hi! I know I probably sound stupid for asking this, but I am really confused about Italian geography!
I am trying to trace my family tree. I know from my grandmother that her family came from Lucca, Italy. I was able to find their immigration records that listed them as living in "Santa Margherita ...
I am trying to trace my family tree. I know from my grandmother that her family came from Lucca, Italy. I was able to find their immigration records that listed them as living in "Santa Margherita ...
- 06 Nov 2014, 03:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Castelli Family
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2071
Re: Castelli Family
Wow, how did you find it so fast? Thank you so much! The weird thing is, we've all always assumed our family was from Italy. My grandma just mentioned today that her mother was born in Brazil, and I thought she was just confused or something. This proves she was right after all! Thanks for your help ...
- 06 Nov 2014, 00:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Castelli Family
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2071
Castelli Family
Hi! I am new to this forum, and I am researching the italian side of my family, but I am not getting very far. I know my great-grandmother immigrated to the USA in around 1925 and moved to Chicago. Her name was Enis Castelli, but it was often either Americanized or misspelled on paperwork, so it ...