Hi! I have just discovered another clue to the elusive history of the Castelli side of my family! I am not sure what the connection is, but I discovered that my 2nd great grandmother and my 2nd great aunts and uncles came over to the USA from Italy with another person who shared their last name of Castelli. Her name was Elia Lensini Castelli. She was married to Rieso Castelli. She was traveling to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to live with her husband and his brother, Altamare Castelli. Here is what I know:
Altamare Castelli was born in 1893 and died in 1957. He was married to Augusta, and they had four children: Anna, Rena, Albert and Mary.
Rieso Castelli and Elia Lensini were married and lived with them until at least 1930, according to the census, but then they seemed to disappear, at least until Rieso's death in 1970. (Oddly, he has death records in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, and apparently died in both states on the exact same day, perhaps with one foot in Wisconsin and one foot in Minnesota?)
The father of Altamare and Rieso was listed as Evangelisto Castelli, and they were from Bagni di Lucca in Italy.
Any clues? Thanks!!!
Castellis from Bagni di Lucca
Re: Castellis from Bagni di Lucca
This 1955 travel manifest gives an address for Rieso and Elia Castelli...NickiMacaroni wrote:Hi! I have just discovered another clue to the elusive history of the Castelli side of my family! I am not sure what the connection is, but I discovered that my 2nd great grandmother and my 2nd great aunts and uncles came over to the USA from Italy with another person who shared their last name of Castelli. Her name was Elia Lensini Castelli. She was married to Rieso Castelli. She was traveling to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to live with her husband and his brother, Altamare Castelli. Here is what I know:
Altamare Castelli was born in 1893 and died in 1957. He was married to Augusta, and they had four children: Anna, Rena, Albert and Mary.
Rieso Castelli and Elia Lensini were married and lived with them until at least 1930, according to the census, but then they seemed to disappear, at least until Rieso's death in 1970. (Oddly, he has death records in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, and apparently died in both states on the exact same day, perhaps with one foot in Wisconsin and one foot in Minnesota?)
The father of Altamare and Rieso was listed as Evangelisto Castelli, and they were from Bagni di Lucca in Italy.
Any clues? Thanks!!!
4127 No. 10th St., Milwakee, Wis.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1923888
As for the two death records. He may have died in Minnesota while away from home, so the death would be recorded locally, then possibly recorded in his residence state
T.

